1. Well tracking is now working and mine is in transit and expected delivery is Monday! Nice. Even though I probably won't watch since I cant imagine the video quality is better than the 4K stream, I am looking forward to ripping the PCM audio which should be better than the streamed audio rip I have. I do wish this release had some bonus songs though especially Red Flag Day among others. Still between the live CDs from last year and the rips from this one and Paris 2015, we have a nice selection of live songs from the past 5 years.
  2. Originally posted by unclejosh:Well tracking is now working and mine is in transit and expected delivery is Monday! Nice. Even though I probably won't watch since I cant imagine the video quality is better than the 4K stream, I am looking forward to ripping the PCM audio which should be better than the streamed audio rip I have. I do wish this release had some bonus songs though especially Red Flag Day among others. Still between the live CDs from last year and the rips from this one and Paris 2015, we have a nice selection of live songs from the past 5 years.
    Once again, U2.com could so easily make pro shot footage of songs available for subscribers but choose not to. It baffles me.
  3. yep. Putting out a song for subscribers on a regular basis should be almost an automatic feature at this point.

Also considering how socially aware they seem to be the fact the so many other bands are putting out various live shows or songs on YouTube either as fundraisers yet they are not doing something like this is kinda sad. I mean if they were to put out one of the ZooTV shows they have in pro-shot as a fundraiser they would bring in a nice charitable donation. They literally have almost every show from 1991 on recorded on videotape. Maybe even only the video they would use for the screens in-house but that is good enough for me. Doesn't have to be perfect but you know they wont do it. Very frustrating. Metallica and Radiohead are putting out some great stuff and not all of it is perfect. Metallica especially but it is still awesome and I have donated as a result.
  4. Frustrating is the perfect word to describe this whole U2.com situation.
  5. It definitely is. Not sure why but i assume it is management's fault.
  6. Still don't get why U2 SHOULD do something. We don't own the band and they don't owe us anything. Sure i would love it when they release some unreleased old stuff (or new stuff), but i would never demand it.

I read very often that a lot of other bands do something for their fans nowadays, but the only examples i know of are Radiohead,, Metallica and Bruce Springsteen. That's only 3 of the thousands of bands out there.
  7. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:Still don't get why U2 SHOULD do something. We don't own the band and they don't owe us anything. Sure i would love it when they release some unreleased old stuff (or new stuff), but i would never demand it.

I read very often that a lot of other bands do something for their fans nowadays, but the only examples i know of are Radiohead,, Metallica and Bruce Springsteen. That's only 3 of the thousands of bands out there.
    I guess U2 themselves don't have anything to do with it and probably don't even care...
  8. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:Still don't get why U2 SHOULD do something. We don't own the band and they don't owe us anything. Sure i would love it when they release some unreleased old stuff (or new stuff), but i would never demand it.

Those 3 and U2 are not like thousands of other bands though...
  9. wouldn't they even wonder what happened to the Berlin show that they filmed? clearly they know it's released by u2.com and probably because they wanted it that way. If you're not happy with U2.com, you should blame the 4 members for that, it's their band and their fans. But I agree with Zwervervriend, they should just make their own decisions, they don't have to do something because other bands are doing it.. they have to keep up with certain trends maybe, like a 4k release. They just did that.
  10. Mine is shipped, from UPS not by USPS...am I wrong?
  11. Mine is shipped too.