1. They're offering me (a non-subscriber) to subscribe at the price of a renewal instead of a new subscription ($40 instead of $50).
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    They're offering me (a non-subscriber) to subscribe at the price of a renewal instead of a new subscription ($40 instead of $50).
    They did that last year also with the Berlin dvd.
  3. Didn't remember that. Makes sense anyway, there's no tour in sight so they might as well try to get as many subscribers as possible. It's just that the Apollo show might not be enough to do so
  4. Like I said, they should be upping the ante.
  5. Are you saying that the subscriber specials we get that consist of B list celebrities' U2 playlists aren't worth the membership fee?
  6. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    Are you saying that the subscriber specials we get that consist of B list celebrities' U2 playlists aren't worth the membership fee?
    You're being kind when you say B list!
  7. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    Are you saying that the subscriber specials we get that consist of B list celebrities' U2 playlists aren't worth the membership fee?
    It’s not usually celebrities at all.

It’s usually people who are working with the U2 organization in some way. Producers, video artists who have worked with them, people working on U2 X-Radio, the Zootopia moderators, people at their label and some fan site team members as well.

Wouldn’t really call any of them celebrities.
  8. Doesn't matter who they are, the point still stands. U2.com should be offering better Subscriber Specials. This year the site has offered 5 specials, 4 of those were playlists from fans/producers/celebs and the other was a virtual issue of propaganda.

With respect to those who did submit a playlist, I doubt the majority of people care, and would rather receive more content from or about the band. That's the point of a fan club after all..
  9. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    It’s not usually celebrities at all.

It’s usually people who are working with the U2 organization in some way. Producers, video artists who have worked with them, people working on U2 X-Radio, the Zootopia moderators, people at their label and some fan site team members as well.

Wouldn’t really call any of them celebrities.
    He’s being sarcastic. The point is it’s of absolutely no value whatsoever. A subscriber special could be a live performance of a song or something like that. Why would I want to know what some persons top 10 u2 songs are as part of a paid subscription, I can have far more interesting conversations about people’s favourite u2 stuff for free on here or on Facebook groups. I’ve given up on getting much else from the subscription though except for a good ‘gift’ and even that isn’t a guarantee but they’ve done well in that respect the last few years. It still wouldn’t kill them to put up full live song performances rather than 30 second clips. But if next years gift is another live gig I’ll not complain, I will complain about waiting for downloads if that happens again.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    But if next years gift is another live gig I’ll not complain, I will complain about waiting for downloads if that happens again.

A full UF-show would be nice. And then please not the wellknown Dortmund or Bologna shows
  11. I would be fine with Dortmund if it was the full show.
  12. #dortmundsyndromestrikesagain