1. Why go to the bother of announcing a gift in good time when they can just make subscribers go through the hassle of having to email them instead to ask not to have to chose the same ‘gift’ option as last year lol. Actually I might be being a bit unfair, is anyone’s subscription going to expire before the end of this month? Thats the earliest date I think I’ve heard so far so it could be they’ve got everyone’s running til then at the earliest and they’ve still got time but they are sending out reminders at this stage which is unprofessional when they’ve got no new ‘gift’ to offer with a renewal.
  2. If your subscription expires literally nothing will happen. There are no tours happening. U2 could improve the quality of the gift during the COVIDTIME, Berlin was great, Apollo good but less so.
  3. Originally posted by miryclay:If your subscription expires literally nothing will happen. There are no tours happening. U2 could improve the quality of the gift during the COVIDTIME, Berlin was great, Apollo good but less so.
    It costs you an extra £10/$10 for starters if you let it expire. Plus there’s no guarantee where they will set the cut off for priority sale groups for tours, although I reckon in that respect it would be safe for the time being. Regardless of all that anyway if they can’t get a gift announced prior to the first expirations of the new year then they should be automatically extending accounts without asking people to email or use the help section. Or at least offer the unannounced 2022 gift as the option when you renew rather than having to pick the same two years running. Common sense stuff.
  4. Just a weekly reminder to U2.com, Don’t forget about the 2022 subscribers gift, it must be something so grand this year, hence the late announcement
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It costs you an extra £10/$10 for starters if you let it expire. Plus there’s no guarantee where they will set the cut off for priority sale groups for tours, although I reckon in that respect it would be safe for the time being. Regardless of all that anyway if they can’t get a gift announced prior to the first expirations of the new year then they should be automatically extending accounts without asking people to email or use the help section. Or at least offer the unannounced 2022 gift as the option when you renew rather than having to pick the same two years running. Common sense stuff.
    Tghey did extend accounts few years back
  6. Yes they did after some peoples subscriptions had already expired without being given a new choice of gift. It’s really simple if someone’s account is expiring and there’s no new gift option extend by a month and carry on until they’ve got something to announce. Or even more sensible options announce the gift in good time or just have ‘2022 gift’ as the option. Although that last option isn’t actually ideal as people would probably want to know what they’re subscribing for but it’s still better than doing nothing at all and asking people to email to ask not to receive the same gift as the previous subscription.
  7. As much as I'd love a really nice imaginative gift, I have fear we will get some book on how Hammy Hamilton is developing a new visual technology that cuts so fast from scene to scene that you can't see anything. Oddly, it will only be available on the proposed VHSSS format that requires a new thicker tape laced with backwards messages detailing how much the band hate Pop and No Line On The Horizon. Oh well, my post is a stinker. I wanted it to be funny. Maybe next time.

8. That post went over like a Lead Zeppelin
  9. Check the renewal page Achtung Baby live get in there! Double cd as well so it must be multiple versions of songs. Gets even better. Top of the wish list wild horses and ultraviolet from zoo tv, well so cruel from zoo tv as well but that might not be realistic. Anything else I’ll take what I get if it’s unreleased stuff. I’m really delighted with this, 1 cd of the album live would have been very good, this is great.
  10. Bam!
  11. One live from Boston 2001, Even Better live from Sydney 1993 etc. you can predict 90% of this will be crap.
  12. Originally posted by Remy:One live from Boston 2001, Even Better live from Sydney 1993 etc. you can predict 90% of this will be crap.
    I doubt that, I’m the fan clubs biggest critic when they get it wrong but that’s 4 gifts in a row that have been really good. The shipping stuff has been an issue but the gifts themselves have been solid for a few years now.
    I reckon the zoo tv stuff will be more predictable, not Sydney but other stuff that’s already out there in soundboard quality but I reckon there will be plenty of unreleased stuff from other tours. From the vertigo tour onwards they can pick pretty much any performances they want as it’s all recorded in good quality.