1. Originally posted by Flashbax:Sometimes rehearsal are great. Nothing against it. Oasis released their rehearsal of I Am the Walrus as a b-side on the Cigarettes & Alcohol single in 1994 since it was such a great version. They wrongly labeled it Live at the Glasgow Cathouse in June '94 but it was a rehearsal for their Gleneagles gig in 1994.
    If one believes Oasis then I think one has problems.
  2. Talking about Oasis, the loud mouth brother announced the date for his new single.

Wrong thread I know. Sorry.
  3. Originally posted by Flashbax:Sometimes rehearsal are great. Nothing against it. Oasis released their rehearsal of I Am the Walrus as a b-side on the Cigarettes & Alcohol single in 1994 since it was such a great version. They wrongly labeled it Live at the Glasgow Cathouse in June '94 but it was a rehearsal for their Gleneagles gig in 1994.

Yeah they definitely can be great. If you compare the acoustic version of so cruel they played in Foxboro with the rehearsal version at Hershey the rehearsal is much better. And I’d imagine it would be much better than the other 2 live performances of just Bono playing the song with the acoustic.
  4. Originally posted by marik:Since we know So Cruel (Bono-acoustic) was recorded, would you be HAPPY if this is included to complete the AB track-listing? Or will it just bring complaints about how it was already included on FTSD?
    Seems like a no-win

I actually love this version. I always wished they released all the full versions of the songs they performed in that. A new take at Achtung would be great I think!
  5. Maybe they will get Youtubers to make reactions videos on all of the songs.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:My current zoo tv compilation of the tracks

1. Zoo station - New York 20/03/1992
    2. The fly - Houston 14/10/1992
    3. Even Better Than The Real Thing - Sellafield
    4. Mysterious ways - Yankee stadium 29/08/1992
    5. One - Yankee stadium 29/08/1992
    6. Until the end of the world - San Diego 10/11/1992
    7. Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - Stockholm 11/06/1992
    8. Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World - Yankee stadium 29/08/1992
    9. Ultraviolet - Dublin 28/08/1993
    10. Love Is Blindness - Yankee stadium 30/08/1992

How's the sound on all of these? Wondering if it's editable to make one smooth following mix.
  7. All soundboard or released for a couple. zoo station I took from a YouTube proshot video the others are from gigs we know and the Dave fanning stuff.
  8. i rediscovered vertigo tour and i feel like it has the best version of the fly
  9. So Cruel is really the only live track I super care about here. We’ve been fortunate to get live versions in good quality of every other AB track already over the years - and I’m psyched for more - but So Cruel is the centerpiece on this CD for me.

I really, really hope they don’t go with a stripped down acoustic version either from FTSD or anywhere else. A full band electric version from rehearsals or even a take by the band today will work for me. The Hershey rehearsal cleaned up with some audience mixed in would be amazing.

I just hope we get the song in all its AB glory. Fingers crossed!
  10. The dates look great. Very 1992-centric. So Cruel is the only AB song I haven't heard live.
  11. THIS !!!

Originally posted by deanallison:My current zoo tv compilation of the tracks

1. Zoo station - New York 20/03/1992
    2. The fly - Houston 14/10/1992
    3. Even Better Than The Real Thing - Sellafield
    4. Mysterious ways - Yankee stadium 29/08/1992
    5. One - Yankee stadium 29/08/1992
    6. Until the end of the world - San Diego 10/11/1992
    7. Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - Stockholm 11/06/1992
    8. Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World - Yankee stadium 29/08/1992
    9. Ultraviolet - Dublin 28/08/1993
    10. Love Is Blindness - Yankee stadium 30/08/1992
  12. To keep it all to 1992 ultraviolet from Washington could be swapped in. I’ve got another one as well with all zoo tv dates.