1. I wonder if we just all stopped subscribing/resubscribing if they’d stop with the gifts and just release this stuff to everyone on streaming/physical platforms
  2. In my communication with U2.com reps over the years I never got the impression they cared about their jobs or had any real passion for U2. I am mostly referring to the points of contact for the annual subscriber gift....of course I think we could all rant on about the Zootopia Mods which is probably a reason why a lot of us hangout on this awesome U2 fan site and not U2.com in the first place.
  3. At least they just announced Zoo TV Funko Pops right?
  4. Originally posted by LostSailor:In my communication with U2.com reps over the years I never got the impression they cared about their jobs or had any real passion for U2. I am mostly referring to the points of contact for the annual subscriber gift....of course I think we could all rant on about the Zootopia Mods which is probably a reason why a lot of us hangout on this awesome U2 fan site and not U2.com in the first place.
    They aren’t u2.com reps that you are calling and speaking to, so no surprise they have no passion for U2, doubtful some even know who U2 is. They work a call center for a bunch of different artists. You can call one day and get the same person for a Madonna problem or a U2 problem…(there was a girl there by the name of Happiness, and she helped me on issues from three different artists over time.)
  5. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    They aren’t u2.com reps that you are calling and speaking to, so no surprise they have no passion for U2, doubtful some even know who U2 is. They work a call center for a bunch of different artists. You can call one day and get the same person for a Madonna problem or a U2 problem…(there was a girl there by the name of Happiness, and she helped me on issues from three different artists over time.)
    Point still stands that the website sucks and those running it couldn't give a hoot about the fans that subscribe to it ,during lockdown they put on Slane,Popmart and ,UABRS that everyone has seen a million times the band have every gig since Zoo TV professionally recorded yet it never gets released either via audio or video ,somebody posted earlier that REM's website has had more news updates this year than U2.com yet they split a decade ago.
  6. usually when they stop subscribing or buying products companies react in an incredible way, it doesn't seem crazy what some people imagine. It is something that happens in many aspects
  7. usually when they stop subscribing or buying products companies react in an incredible way, it doesn't seem crazy what some people imagine. It is something that happens in many aspects
  8. I've read somewhere that the band only has recordings of concerts from the Vertigo Tour onwards with perfect quality, but what about, for example, ZooTV Outside Broadcast? specifically the entire concert of the 'UTEOTW Live From ZooTV' performance. I don't think the band doesn't have that recording in hand. If it was remastered on video, we would probably have it in 1080p maybe, right?
  9. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Point still stands that the website sucks and those running it couldn't give a hoot about the fans that subscribe to it ,during lockdown they put on Slane,Popmart and ,UABRS that everyone has seen a million times the band have every gig since Zoo TV professionally recorded yet it never gets released either via audio or video ,somebody posted earlier that REM's website has had more news updates this year than U2.com yet they split a decade ago.
    R.E.M. has members who are releasing songs, and doing tour appearances, which are getting covered by the site at the moment. They may have split, but the website continues to report on their solo work and appearances, which generates quite a few stories as they’ve been quite busy. If U2 were out there doing promo appearances, and releasing singles I’d expect something would be covered on U2.com.
  10. I prefer this (Tribute Freddy Mercury)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IpiPyP_hdY

I watch the whole concert on tv, and when it was U2's turn, I couldn't believe it, no tribute to Queen, u2 playing their own song, Bono with fly glasses (I think it was his first live appearance on tv since they released Achtung baby), a brutal song where he fucks with a camera. Everyone was shocked. Nobody understood anything, u2 got the effect they intended: chaos, but we loved it. next day at university we weren't talking about Guns & Roses or George Michael, we were talking about the new U2.
  11. Originally posted by spanishvertigo:[..]
    I prefer this (Tribute Freddy Mercury)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IpiPyP_hdY

I watch the whole concert on tv, and when it was U2's turn, I couldn't believe it, no tribute to Queen, u2 playing their own song, Bono with fly glasses (I think it was his first live appearance on tv since they released Achtung baby), a brutal song where he fucks with a camera. Everyone was shocked. Nobody understood anything, u2 got the effect they intended: chaos, but we loved it. next day at university we weren't talking about Guns & Roses or George Michael, we were talking about the new U2.
    ooh that's a great choice, I can't imagine the impact it made at the time