1. Good morning (from BC)!

In all honesty, I’m amazed how well all of you articulate your arguments here. Seriously! My posts are rarely more than a few lines long.

I guess the past couple of years they haven’t needed to figure out a track list since they were simply full shows (Berlin DVD and Apollo). However, that ie/ei package got out quite quickly, no? And it was two discs!

Again, for me it’s the content of what’s on this gift that’s got me wanting it so much (and sooner than later)… it’s Achtung Baby!
  2. Originally posted by miryclay:U2's fanclub are better than the tenclub. I bought tickets to PJ in Canada and it was literally 941 days ago due to Covid etc. The record I ordered from them is now 200 days after date of order and not delivered.

U2W1 is an awesome fan who does incredible research and provides a great service to the fanbase. Let's honour and respect someone who builds community.

Lets just chill for now as no dates are happening and we will get the gift eventually.

I agree it is crappy service especially from an American perspective where people are used to top notch customer service. I would imagine everyone is Europe is stressing about Ukraine/Russia which is just top of mind for a socially conscious band. I agree with the discontent but if you are not up for it walk away from the subscription. I don't subscribe to the tenclub for that reason anymore.
    Being better than another poorly run fanclub by the sounds of it doesn’t make things any more satisfactory.

I would agree 100% about U2Wanderer being an awesome fan. We’ve shared plenty of conversations and I’m always thankful towards him. We just strongly disagree on this particular issue and as he rightly pointed out I need to accept opposing views and I’m glad he pointed out the ‘lying to yourselves’ bit initially as I hold my hands up to that I shouldn’t have said that. My issue isn’t with other fans it’s with u2.com, livenation and the zootopia mods. But likewise I think he needs to accept my opposing view. I don’t need an explanation about the way they do things or how they see things every time I make a point. That is my point actually I want them to do things differently, I want them to see things differently. He doesn’t need to tell me how they do things I’m well aware because that’s what I’m complaining about.

I also won’t just walk away from the subscription. As I keep saying I’d rather be a part of it and complain and hope things get better even though I don’t expect it to. And if that means repeating the same complaints every year so be it. The final product I’m happy to pay £30 for ultimately, I’m not happy waiting this long for it or any information about it, that is my stance and it won’t change until things are done better.
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:Good morning (from BC)!

In all honesty, I’m amazed how well all of you articulate your arguments here. Seriously! My posts are rarely more than a few lines long.

I guess the past couple of years they haven’t needed to figure out a track list since they were simply full shows (Berlin DVD and Apollo). However, that ie/ei package got out quite quickly, no? And it was two discs!

Again, for me it’s the content of what’s on this gift that’s got me wanting it so much (and sooner than later)… it’s Achtung Baby!
    The Live songs of innocence and experience didn’t start shipping til October but they at least started the downloads much earlier, had 8 by now I believe. 10 by the end of august. Still not good enough imo but better than no tracklist or downloads by August 21st.

I’m the same I’m actually excited about the gift underneath the other feelings but I’d rather be excited about giving it another listen tonight with it having been released by now. There’s also still the dread that they give us previously released versions and ruin it despite that going against what they’ve been doing lately. I think they’ll stick to previously unreleased stuff, but I wouldn’t bet my life on it.
  4. I’ve stuck around the past few years I hopes of getting tickets (sans Ticketmaster) for one more show/ tour. The gifts are a indeed a perk but something that I think are necessary in non-touring years. Sadly, I haven’t been able to use my annual $40US to get tix for five years now and a couple of those gifts end up being overpriced.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    The Live songs of innocence and experience didn’t start shipping til October but they at least started the downloads much earlier, had 8 by now I believe. 10 by the end of august. Still not good enough imo but better than no tracklist or downloads by August 21st.

I’m the same I’m actually excited about the gift underneath the other feelings but I’d rather be excited about giving it another listen tonight with it having been released by now. There’s also still the dread that they give us previously released versions and ruin it despite that going against what they’ve been doing lately. I think they’ll stick to previously unreleased stuff, but I wouldn’t bet my life on it.
    Yeah. I might be getting all revved up for a product that might disappoint. My biggest concern is whIch performance they use for One. I agree I don’t need them to rehash Sydney ‘93 or Slane ‘01 but I’d rather those than a version of the audience singalong they used the past couple of tours.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

The difference being they had the tracks picked out by now, legal cleared, the gift mixed, the band signed off and the final master done. And it was back in the fan club’s hands so they could share a track list and a few tracks.

Not sure what you want them to do if they don’t have that by now.
  7. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    The difference being they had the tracks picked out by now, legal cleared, the gift mixed, the band signed off and the final master done. And it was back in the fan club’s hands so they could share a track list and a few tracks.

Not sure what you want them to do if they don’t have that by now.
    What I want them to do? Make sure their supplier does have all that by now so they have it in their hands to share a tracklist and tracks. That’s how a business works. I’ve explained this before, if I go to buy a sofa and they say 6 weeks if I’m 6 weeks they say it isn’t ready my complaints with the sofa company not the people making it. The sofa company have a job to do in making sure their suppliers get it ready in good time. Livenation’s job is to make sure their supplier have all that done in good time. Yes before you say it I know they might consider it good time because it’s still within the year. I’m saying it’s not within good time because we’re 7 months down the line with nothing.
  8. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Yeah. I might be getting all revved up for a product that might disappoint. My biggest concern is whIch performance they use for One. I agree I don’t need them to rehash Sydney ‘93 or Slane ‘01 but I’d rather those than a version of the audience singalong they used the past couple of tours.
    Yankee stadium would be a good shout for an unreleased version of One, albeit we do have a good soundboard recording available already, but unreleased is unreleased to me. They do have several versions to chose from though. Even JT2017 had plenty of versions sang in full by Bono so could go with that. I’ll be disappointed if they go with Sydney or Slane, already been released on cd via the fan club so that would be unacceptable imo, even though I dislike sing along versions I dislike them releasing the same thing more.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Being better than another poorly run fanclub by the sounds of it doesn’t make things any more satisfactory.

I would agree 100% about U2Wanderer being an awesome fan. We’ve shared plenty of conversations and I’m always thankful towards him. We just strongly disagree on this particular issue and as he rightly pointed out I need to accept opposing views and I’m glad he pointed out the ‘lying to yourselves’ bit initially as I hold my hands up to that I shouldn’t have said that. My issue isn’t with other fans it’s with u2.com, livenation and the zootopia mods. But likewise I think he needs to accept my opposing view. I don’t need an explanation about the way they do things or how they see things every time I make a point. That is my point actually I want them to do things differently, I want them to see things differently. He doesn’t need to tell me how they do things I’m well aware because that’s what I’m complaining about.

I also won’t just walk away from the subscription. As I keep saying I’d rather be a part of it and complain and hope things get better even though I don’t expect it to. And if that means repeating the same complaints every year so be it. The final product I’m happy to pay £30 for ultimately, I’m not happy waiting this long for it or any information about it, that is my stance and it won’t change until things are done better.
    I do accept your opposing view. I know what you think. I see others who agree with you. I have noted that in many of my posts. It’s a completely valid opinion and I can see how it was formed from the evidence at hand.

I also have shared that if U2 were up front about when to expect the gift people wouldn’t have expectations that may be wrong. One of us has the wrong expectation here, but because it’s never been clearly stated I’ve formed my opinions and you have formed yours. And they are two ends of the scale.

I looked upon it the same way for many years. I too would get upset the longer into the year things went. But over the last few years, specifically 2017 and 2018 they’ve taken actions that clearly speak to me that they don’t even make an attempt to get the gift out earlier in the year, and actually make choices that prevent them from getting the gift out earlier. To me it’s clear as mud that the gifts are due in the year that we are subscribed for and that there is no urgency, or requirement to apologize until they reach the end of that year.

So I adjusted my expectations some time ago.

I expect once the cd is mixed and approved and back to the fan club we will get downloads and a track list and information about shipping in rapid succession. I wouldn’t be surprised if they do more digital tracks than usual because of how late it is in the year.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    What I want them to do? Make sure their supplier does have all that by now so they have it in their hands to share a tracklist and tracks. That’s how a business works. I’ve explained this before, if I go to buy a sofa and they say 6 weeks if I’m 6 weeks they say it isn’t ready my complaints with the sofa company not the people making it. The sofa company have a job to do in making sure their suppliers get it ready in good time. Livenation’s job is to make sure their supplier have all that done in good time. Yes before you say it I know they might consider it good time because it’s still within the year. I’m saying it’s not within good time because we’re 7 months down the line with nothing.
    But again. U2 says they’ll get a gift out in the subscription year. They don’t say six weeks. They have a year to work on getting things out. And in the past they’ve quite often waited until the end of the year to work on it.

It’ll be out before the end of the year. In some format. I do believe they’ll do everything they can to meet that target.
  11. This discussion is just going round in circles.