1. pleasegone, good one. perfect about complaining about the complainers. i see it on the stones fan site too. probably it's everywhere.
  2. You’re so right about the Stones, they release so much great live product and all the diehards talk about is the sound quality, never saw a bigger bunch of sound technicians from any other fan base
  3. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    I can no longer log into the store direct. I have to log in at the main page and then go into the store. It’s been like that for a while now. Not sure if that will help you out or not.

This is what I get when I try to log in via Facebook from U2.com > sign up/sign in. Happens on both phone and laptop. Can this be passed on?

4. Originally posted by caruso65:You’re so right about the Stones, they release so much great live product and all the diehards talk about is the sound quality, never saw a bigger bunch of sound technicians from any other fan base
    I'd love for U2 to just have half of what the Stones have released in the last 10 years live. They are getting it out before nobody buys music anymore. I have nearly every official Rolling Stones Blu-Ray/dvd. It has to be around 20 or more, and the Stones are not even in my top 5, but I do love them. Now the sound quality is pretty good for most of them. Brussels Affair, one of the most legendary bootlegs, finally officially released, does not sound very good. Yeah, it's an early 70's recording, but it could be better, but overall, lots more to love about the Stones release strategy with live archives.

Yes, I understand the Stones pretty much stopped making new music...since Pop was released, they have 3 albums, 1 of which is the dreaded "Required Old Artist Cover Album." Now, U2 is doing SOS, which is them covering themselves, but is a solid sign of an aging act, one that I have not embraced well.
  5. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    I'm sure U2 have heard it, but they probably don't really care either. Our complaints won't take away from the great life they have.

That's perhaps the root of it. I assume they're content with their lives, speed of music production, future, etc.. their digital presence and all that entails, including a website, fanclub, etc, for all we know is maintained by a few people we'll never know. Does the band know the level of discontent some fans have regarding all this? Who knows. Their website/fanclub releases/customer service issues, etc have been discussed at length over the years. I'm not going to lose sleep over it; if I pay for a subscription I go into it knowing full well the "issues" that people have grumbled about for years. I'm just excited that they haven't hung it up yet and are planning new projects/music.
  6. It makes me confused and doubts if the band will know about all this, I can't help but imagine the look on Larry's face reading everything that the U2 community discusses regarding their website. I hope to see them again one day, I would tell them to try to improve that page and connect more with the fans.
  7. This is something that I would solve by going directly to the band, without a doubt I would recommend that they make changes with the page, I mean: it's not bad, if a gift arrives on December 31 nothing happens to me, it's an Annual gift, but almenls let us know what happens, if you already have the list of songs, if you are remastering the audio, keep the hype, because then what happens is that interest is lost. It's my opinion but hey, improving this will be very useful for the future, because when there is no more U2 this community will be hell if this continues
  8. “This year's gift, 'U2 Achtung Baby 30 – Live', is now in production. This one-off collection of show-stopping performances from three decades of touring is curated by the band and comes in a beautifully presented CD and download package.” U2.com e-mail newsletter - May 4, 2022

I can understand if people expect any news if not even the first downloads if they say “now in production”.