1. I had a lot of fun on this tour. Did couple days of rehearsals in LA and then did the first ten shows straight.

I remember standing in the middle of heart in Phoenix (show 9 I think), hearing the click track to the Electric Co before the song started, and knew it was EC just by the tempo. I knew I had seen too many shows straight in a row.
  2. Originally posted by hoserama:I had a lot of fun on this tour. Did couple days of rehearsals in LA and then did the first ten shows straight.

I remember standing in the middle of heart in Phoenix (show 9 I think), hearing the click track to the Electric Co before the song started, and knew it was EC just by the tempo. I knew I had seen too many shows straight in a row.
    What was your favourite show on the tour?
  3. A few of those early shows are amongst the only Vertigo Tour shows that I ever liked. I still tend to forget the tour exists though. One day it will click perhaps.
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:A few of those early shows are amongst the only Vertigo Tour shows that I ever liked. I still tend to forget the tour exists though. One day it will click perhaps.
    I probably prefer the early ones myself mainly because of an cat Dubh/into the heart and I preferred the encore’s that included zoo station. It had been a while since they’d played it back then. I also liked the HTDAAB nature of the earlier shows, they still carried that on for a bit but it dropped a bit by the very end. But the tour has a bit of everything really.
  5. This and 360 probably had the most set list variation and surprises out of any tour.
  6. It might be possibly the only tour since the 80’s that’s had every album up until that point represented with at least 1 song. Zoo tv, Popmart and elevation all had no October I’m sure. 360 had no pop, I&E had no pop, E&I had no NLOTH and both JT anniversary tours had no pop or Zooropa, 2017 had no October either.
  7. Over the course of the tour 360 had good variation. Night to night, it was very stagnant.
  8. Probably tax day in Phoenix.

I remember enjoying the second Oakland show a lot in the fall too.
  9. Good call. It would be NOTHING for weeks then bam, here’s Zooropa lol
  10. That discotheque version... Would kill for a proper audio version!

Originally posted by deanallison:Just in relation to a post I made in the subscription thread. I’d love it if these following songs that were played in the vertigo tour got their first release from that tour

Until the end of the world
    Stuck in a moment
    The first time
    Bad
    The ocean
    Fast Cars
    Who’s Gonna ride your wild horses
    Angel of Harlem
    Party girl
    Walk on (sort of released before but with non live elements added)
    Out of control
    Crumbs from your table
    Desire
    MLK
    One Tree Hill
    Window in the skies
    Discotheque
    In a little while
    Mothers of the disappeared

I believe that covers every original U2 song that was played in full on the tour that hasn’t been released yet so no covers or half versions like love is blindness.
  11. I think it depends on the leg of 360 you went to see. In brussels for example they changed 5 songs between night 1 and night 2 in 2010. I doubt there’s many higher variations than that from 1 night to the next on a U2 tour. I think for both vertigo and 360 though going to see at least 1 gig each leg would have been the perfect balance, albeit a very costly one and maybe not very realistic for most. E&I was similar in that respect, if you went to one of the later shows on the tour and a show on the US leg that would have gave you the best variety of songs rather than back to back nights.