1. I’m 21 gigs in now (since 2007) and I can say with confidence that the gigs I saw on the Drones tour (with the exception of Download Festival) were the weakest of any Muse shows I’ve seen. Glastonbury 2016 being the weakest of them all.
  2. Some updates since the last few gigs.

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Verona is now in rotation with Liberation. Good to see more album songs getting played but why rotate them? Get rid of bloody Thought Contagion and play them both!

Last night, Assassin GOB was played in the rotation slot
  3. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Your last sentence is what kills me the most. 3 INCREDIBLE musicians but they somehow lost their songwriting sense along the way imo.
    I know right? They still have it somewhere because there are still gems in all albums, but they really make an effort to hide it and disguise it
  4. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:I’m 21 gigs in now (since 2007) and I can say with confidence that the gigs I saw on the Drones tour (with the exception of Download Festival) were the weakest of any Muse shows I’ve seen. Glastonbury 2016 being the weakest of them all.
    Oh well, I thought it was just my impression, but thanks for confirming it.

Rotating the beautiful Verona with the mediocre Liberation is criminal What are they thinking? Bringing back Assassin is great, but they should fucking stop rotating their best songs. They KNOW for a fact these are fan favorites (I'm talking about MOTP, Citizen, Stockholm, Assassin, etc)... Give them fixed setlist spots, ffs! Or at least rotate them in groups of 2 or 3... Arghhh
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Oh well, I thought it was just my impression, but thanks for confirming it.

Rotating the beautiful Verona with the mediocre Liberation is criminal What are they thinking? Bringing back Assassin is great, but they should fucking stop rotating their best songs. They KNOW for a fact these are fan favorites (I'm talking about MOTP, Citizen, Stockholm, Assassin, etc)... Give them fixed setlist spots, ffs! Or at least rotate them in groups of 2 or 3... Arghhh
    I would be gutted if I got Liberation over Verona at my show.

It's so frustrating; these performances are two decent rotation slots away from being pretty great for a modern Muse set. It always seems like it's one step forward, two steps back with them.

Man...gone are the days when you were basically guaranteed New Born, Stockholm, MotP and one of CE/Bliss (sometimes both) at every show!
  6. Not long to Plymouth now. I have to say I'm getting rather excited

I’ve been thinking about these upcoming shows. Given their tradition of making the larger venues sets sligtly longer and changing things up ever so slightly, I’m hoping for an extra song slot, maybe an extra 2 at a push. Song wise? I think the Resistance/UD slot has a chance to be dropped and one of Bliss/Map/CE/SS/New Born/Assassin could take up an extra place, in addition to the early rotation slot. I don't see any other older songs getting added in to the mix.

It’ll be downtuned but I’m thinking if Euphoria is going to pop up, it’s going to be at these upcoming shows. Outside chance of Thought Contagion being switched up in its place? Maybe that one’s just me hoping.

This is also wishful thinking but I’m hoping for the return of Space Dementia as well. Maybe added in as a rotation. It was somewhat recently played at the tail end of last year.

Hope anyone from here who is going has a good time
  7. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:It’ll be downtuned but I’m thinking if Euphoria is going to pop up, it’s going to be at these upcoming shows. Outside chance of Thought Contagion being switched up in its place? Maybe that one’s just me hoping.
    I think so. They released a new Euphoria remix the other day and sent it via newsletter and all, so it seems to be a pretty big deal to them and I it's the perfect chance to start playing it now.

I had big plans for this EU leg (including Plymouth!) but I'm eventually only going to Santander - and not even that is sure We're in the middle of purchasing our house and moving in so the next 2-3 months are going to be fucking hectic, not sure if we'll be able to make room in our schedules for a 500+500 km trip for a concert. We'll see.

Enjoy your show(s) Fingers crossed so that they add something interesting to the sets!
  8. We are at the Plymouth Home Park gig on Saturday, work the gates for the fooball and we have got the gig so to speak for concerts.
  9. I predict they may drop the Resistance/UD slot…then they play both of them I do like the former but it sucks when they don’t play a song like Stockholm Syndrome or MotP and play UD or Thought Contagion. The show needs another two songs and less of those pointless interstitial videos/breaks. At least they played Bliss, always a highlight!

Despite that, it was an excellent show. The sound was beefy where we were and all of the new songs were superb (KobK, holy shit!) and really made the night. Band were on good form. My partner loved her first time and when you’ve seen them so many times, you forget just how good those big hits are for a newbie. I think her enjoyment certainly elevated things for me as well.
  10. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:I predict they may drop the Resistance/UD slot…then they play both of them I do like the former but it sucks when they don’t play a song like Stockholm Syndrome or MotP and play UD or Thought Contagion. The show needs another two songs and less of those pointless interstitial videos/breaks. At least they played Bliss, always a highlight!

Despite that, it was an excellent show. The sound was beefy where we were and all of the new songs were superb (KobK, holy shit!) and really made the night. Band were on good form. My partner loved her first time and when you’ve seen them so many times, you forget just how good those big hits are for a newbie. I think her enjoyment certainly elevated things for me as well.
    Haha yeah, I saw the setlist and laughed at the Resistance / Undisclosed duality after remembering your predition

Going with a newbie takes it to a completely different level indeed It makes you remember how GOOD they are live and how amazing their shows are, even if we as diehards bitch about not getting x song or y rotation.
  11. and about the fact that their shows became more about stage production/actors/stunts than about music itself.
  12. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    and about the fact that their shows became more about stage production/actors/stunts than about music itself.
    Bitching about this in a U2 forum is like complaining about the cold while living in Alaska