1. Glastonbury 99 anybody ?
  2. Been obsessed with R.E.M. for the last month. Previously hated Monster, bought the reissue on vinyl and listened to a couple of live albums from the accompanying tour, and now I love it. Made me explore further and realise how unstoppable they were from Murmur to New Adventures in Hi-Fi. I keep finding great moments every time I listen to them, although doing the full album listens chronologically means I currently have to suffer through Around the Sun.

Very pleased to see a number of live albums on Spotify too.
  3. Yeah, they certainly released some incredibly complete albums in that period. While Around The Sun had a number of forgettable songs it still offered some gems. I think Make It All Okay is a beautifully written bitter breakup song; while Final Straw is a snarling protest song against the Bush administration.
  4. Originally posted by KieranU2:Been obsessed with R.E.M. for the last month. Previously hated Monster, bought the reissue on vinyl and listened to a couple of live albums from the accompanying tour, and now I love it. Made me explore further and realise how unstoppable they were from Murmur to New Adventures in Hi-Fi. I keep finding great moments every time I listen to them, although doing the full album listens chronologically means I currently have to suffer through Around the Sun.

Very pleased to see a number of live albums on Spotify too.
    you already know how i feel about this one! gimme a top 10 '80s REM songs.

i think i'd go...

1. harborcoat
    2. radio free europe
    3. finest worksong
    4. so. central rain
    5. turn you inside out
    6. disturbance at the heron house
    7. seven chinese brothers
    8. talk about the passion
    9. its the end of the world as we know it
    10. flowers of guatemala

fucking HARD list
  5. REM’s run is so good, that period of murmur to hifi is amazing. Honestly that first EP was amazing too, probably better first album than Boy.
  6. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    you already know how i feel about this one! gimme a top 10 '80s REM songs.

i think i'd go...

1. harborcoat
    2. radio free europe
    3. finest worksong
    4. so. central rain
    5. turn you inside out
    6. disturbance at the heron house
    7. seven chinese brothers
    8. talk about the passion
    9. its the end of the world as we know it
    10. flowers of guatemala

fucking HARD list
    In no particular order:

Welcome to the Occupation
    Get Up
    Fall On Me
    So. Central Rain
    Radio Free Europe
    Superman
    Harborcoat
    7 Chinese Bros.
    You Are the Everything
    The One I Love
  7. REM were really exceptional. Inimitable. Unique.