1. lolololol

2. I hate my team lol
  3. Originally posted by wbarenno:[..]
    Don’t get me wrong I’m not doubting his ability and id love him to come to the premier league , my teams just got promoted back to the premier league and I’d love to see messi .

I just think the time for him to come to the premier league has been and gone , he should have come in his prime , tested himself in the best league in the world . He doesn’t need to take that challenge in the last years of his career .

After watching him since the restart he looks a shadow of his former self . Barca look a shadow of their former selves .

Wow talk about over estimating a league.
  4. the debate around messi and cristiano is officially over after this.
    9 years 1 champions league
  5. The premier league is the best league in the world , has been for a long time, I don’t think anyone can even debate that. There’s a reason why it’s by far the richest league in the world and tv rights sell for billions
  6. I think it will be a debate that rages on and on Ronaldo has done it in Spain Italy and England which massively in his favour for me . But messi is still a wonderful player .

To watch as a neutral , to entertain me I’d choose Messi over ronaldo , if I was to choose between one of them to come to my team ( West Brom) which would never happen in a million years , I’d choose ronaldo
  7. Originally posted by wbarenno:[..]
    The premier league is the best league in the world , has been for a long time, I don’t think anyone can even debate that. There’s a reason why it’s by far the richest league in the world and tv rights sell for billions
    if its the best league in the world why are the 2 best players on the planet not playing in it ? also no english teams left in the Champions League ? 1 English winner in the last 7 CL ? Richest does not always mean best .....
  8. Originally posted by StevieC66:[..]
    if its the best league in the world why are the 2 best players on the planet not playing in it ? also no english teams left in the Champions League ? 1 English winner in the last 7 CL ? Richest does not always mean best .....
    It’s the richest because it’s by far the most popular league all over the world , some countries the English premier league is more popular then their own leagues .

I get your point about the champions league , that is a great point . But does that mean the french league is better then the premier league because Lyon are in the semi finals ?

Ronaldo made his name in the premier league he won everything there was to win in the premier league , Messi has always stayed loyal to Barca . If Messi moved to the mls would you say the mls is the best league in the world ? The amount of foreign players we have that have amazing records abroad then they come to the premier league and they look awful .

It isn’t just about 1 team winning the European cup , it’s about the league collectively. In the German Italian and Spanish league you can more or less guarantee outside the top 2 to 3 teams who is going to win the games . Teams outsides the top 2 or 3 can’t ever compete with the top clubs .

In the premier league bottom could beat top and nobody would be surprised. It’s by far the most competitive.Anything can happen which is why collectively it’s the best .
  9. Originally posted by wbarenno:[..]
    It’s the richest because it’s by far the most popular league all over the world , some countries the English premier league is more popular then their own leagues .

I get your point about the champions league , that is a great point . But does that mean the french league is better then the premier league because Lyon are in the semi finals ?

Ronaldo made his name in the premier league he won everything there was to win in the premier league , Messi has always stayed loyal to Barca . If Messi moved to the mls would you say the mls is the best league in the world ? The amount of foreign players we have that have amazing records abroad then they come to the premier league and they look awful .

It isn’t just about 1 team winning the European cup , it’s about the league collectively. In the German Italian and Spanish league you can more or less guarantee outside the top 2 to 3 teams who is going to win the games . Teams outsides the top 2 or 3 can’t ever compete with the top clubs .

In the premier league bottom could beat top and nobody would be surprised. It’s by far the most competitive.Anything can happen which is why collectively it’s the best .
    If you look at the number of points dropped by the champions of they countries it’s clear there’s plenty of good teams in they leagues capable of taking points of the big teams. The premier league is a good league but is overrated. I think if you played position for position between England and Spain more Spanish teams would come out on top. We get slagged off up here in Scotland as well yet the last 7 times we’ve played English teams in Europe we’ve drew 6 times over 90 minutes, all against teams who finished in the top 7 in England.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    If you look at the number of points dropped by the champions of they countries it’s clear there’s plenty of good teams in they leagues capable of taking points of the big teams. The premier league is a good league but is overrated. I think if you played position for position between England and Spain more Spanish teams would come out on top. We get slagged off up here in Scotland as well yet the last 7 times we’ve played English teams in Europe we’ve drew 6 times over 90 minutes, all against teams who finished in the top 7 in England.
    I can definitely see why someone would think it’s overrated. The money thrown around in the league is obscene.

I think if you compared the lower ten teams in the prem to the lower ten teams in the German , Italian and Spanish leagues the English teams would be a lot stronger. The overall strength in my opinion is stronger. The teams at the top , yeah they match up to a certain degree but for me it’s the overall strength of the league .

Scottish teams ( Celtic ) normally do well against English sides because they set up very defensively and grind out draws . This is gonna make me sound really arrogant now but I mean it in the less arrogant way possible but when a Scottish team plays an English team it’s a big deal to the Scottish side , they play like it’s their cup final. If Celtic were in the premier league with the side they have in my opinion they struggle. Over a 38 game season instead of a one off game . But if Celtic got the premier league Tv money I think they could definitely strengthen as they will always attract players because of the size of the club. Rangers as well to be honest. Massive clubs

Who’s your team in Scotland mate ?
  11. Originally posted by wbarenno:[..]
    I can definitely see why someone would think it’s overrated. The money thrown around in the league is obscene.

I think if you compared the lower ten teams in the prem to the lower ten teams in the German , Italian and Spanish leagues the English teams would be a lot stronger. The overall strength in my opinion is stronger. The teams at the top , yeah they match up to a certain degree but for me it’s the overall strength of the league .

Scottish teams ( Celtic ) normally do well against English sides because they set up very defensively and grind out draws . This is gonna make me sound really arrogant now but I mean it in the less arrogant way possible but when a Scottish team plays an English team it’s a big deal to the Scottish side , they play like it’s their cup final. If Celtic were in the premier league with the side they have in my opinion they struggle. Over a 38 game season instead of a one off game . But if Celtic got the premier league Tv money I think they could definitely strengthen as they will always attract players because of the size of the club. Rangers as well to be honest. Massive clubs

Who’s your team in Scotland mate ?
    I don’t agree with that about the bottom 10 in England being stronger. Werder Bremen finished 16th in Germany. I think they would beat most teams in the bottom half in England. Schalke finished low down as well. I’d fancy them against most English teams in the bottom half. Teams like Celta Vigo, Betis and Bilbao in the bottom half of spain I’d fancy every day of the week against the likes of Newcastle, Southampton etc. The thing is English fans always talk about these one off games against scottish teams, but it’s no coincidence we keep getting results. It’s not just a case of saying we’re going to grind out a result and that’s it otherwise you’d have teams in England drawing away to the big sides all the time. English football is a more exciting brand than scottish because of the style of play but the gulf isn’t that big. I’m a Celtic fan and I honestly think we could give just about any team in England a game and have a strong season. Liverpool and city are 2 very strong teams on there day but Chelsea, man Utd, leciester, spurs and wolves are all very beatable. Out of they 7 games I mentioned earlier 3 of them involved hearts who aren’t even in the premiership up here anymore and 2 were Aberdeen against Burnley who would have been desperate to win given they’re not exactly in Europe every year, this was after they finished 7th in the league and they needed extra time to see off Aberdeen. Celtic drew with city home and away in the champions league. As I say it can’t be coincidence that we keep getting results, that’s not a one off.
  12. Originally posted by wbarenno:[..]
    The premier league is the best league in the world , has been for a long time, I don’t think anyone can even debate that. There’s a reason why it’s by far the richest league in the world and tv rights sell for billions
    Richest doesn't always translates to best. All it has done is to inflate values for average players in the epl.

Just look at how english teams have performed in Europe as a whole over the last decade. Still a gap with European elite clubs.