1. Originally posted by WojBhoywww.myspace.com/harrywojmusic

Acoustic cover of WGRYWH now up. Voice starts off a bit shakey, and I'm not best at high notes like in the chorus, but sod it, I gave it a shot (Even Bono has offdays :P)! ;)

Sounds good, Harry!
  2. Originally posted by WojBhoywww.myspace.com/harrywojmusic

Acoustic cover of WGRYWH now up. Voice starts off a bit shakey, and I'm not best at high notes like in the chorus, but sod it, I gave it a shot (Even Bono has offdays :P)! ;)

Wow Nice Cover
  3. No sound clips but how about some pictures.

I "got my Adam on" at the Lincoln Theatre in downtown Raleigh last night. Me and some other guys did a three song mini-set at a 12 band show to benefit Duke Hospice. Our set included "I Will Follow", "Vertigo" and "One". Since there were so many bands the stage was packed with gear I had keyboard right in front of me so it was really tempting to start playing "Subdivisions" by Rush.

4. Originally posted by bcgdNo sound clips but how about some pictures.

I "got my Adam on" at the Lincoln Theatre in downtown Raleigh last night. Me and some other guys did a three song mini-set at a 12 band show to benefit Duke Hospice. Our set included "I Will Follow", "Vertigo" and "One". Since there were so many bands the stage was packed with gear I had keyboard right in front of me so it was really tempting to start playing "Subdivisions" by Rush.

[image]

[image]

Sweet pictures Bret

Originally posted by RattleandHum1988Hey guys. I dont know if this is in the right section of the forum (sorry!) but I just wanted to share with you my streets cover. This was mainly supposed to be a sound check, with my camera and youtube, but I think it isn't too bad so I decided to keep it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Y2n70I35c

I figured I'd post this here so that we can continue discussion on this thread so as not to open any more, and to allow one of the big chiefs to shut them down

What setup are you using mate?
  5. Right, here goes - another attempt to make myself look ridiculous in the name of music lol.

I've put together (i.e. recorded) a guitar cover of The Fly; it's not great, but I'm no Edge lol, it's just something to keep me occupied during the long summer days when no one's around and I dislike the heat!

http://www.mediafire.com/?yxmm2yc0mzn

I know everyone worries about being shit, but I genuinely hope this isn't too shocking - I can't quite get the solo right, but it's as good as it's gonna get until I can record another one lol!
  6. Originally posted by WojBhoyRight, here goes - another attempt to make myself look ridiculous in the name of music lol.

I've put together (i.e. recorded) a guitar cover of The Fly; it's not great, but I'm no Edge lol, it's just something to keep me occupied during the long summer days when no one's around and I dislike the heat!

I know everyone worries about being shit, but I genuinely hope this isn't too shocking - I can't quite get the solo right, but it's as good as it's gonna get until I can record another one lol!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

it may not sound like what everyone's used to, but i think its even better than the real thing! (yes, pun intended).

Oh, and I now have something to sing over when I practice this song!
  7. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

it may not sound like what everyone's used to, but i think its even better than the real thing! (yes, pun intended).

Oh, and I now have something to sing over when I practice this song!

Cheers Steve mate! Means a lot

(Glad I could help you out )
  8. That sounded great for a first stab! In fact as I listened to it I jumped up, grab my bass and started playing along. If I had the means I would've recorded myself and laid the track under yours. Again, great job.
  9. Originally posted by bcgd That sounded great for a first stab! In fact as I listened to it I jumped up, grab my bass and started playing along. If I had the means I would've recorded myself and laid the track under yours. Again, great job.

Cheers Bret! Again, same with what I said to Steve, means a lot - it's quite unnerving to put your neck on the line, as it were, but it's always worthwhile when it pays off

An intercontinental collaboration, that would be something eh?

I have to record everything live because for some reason (and as I've probably mentioned a few times, I record using a basic mp3 player mike, so the quality ain't wunderbar), if I record myself but have the backing track playing through earphones, it doesn't sync. properly when I try and lay my guitar part over the backing track, and as a result the bass doesn't come out well.

But yeah, again, thanks lads!

(I may give it a 'makeover' tomorrow if I get the chance )
  10. Originally posted by WojBhoyRight, here goes - another attempt to make myself look ridiculous in the name of music lol.

Harry, I don't know anything about guitars and stuff, but that sounds way too cool.
  11. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Harry, I don't know anything about guitars and stuff, but that sounds way too cool.

Heh, neither do I...
  12. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    Heh, neither do I...

Modesty is a good trait, but please, acknowledge your own skills mate..