1. Originally posted by WojBhoyOn the chorus bit, it should go Ab, Db, Eb, but I can't remember for sure...but during the verse it's just Ab, and then Eb at the end of each bar

This is right. On the "but your spirit is in the air" line, Edge strums the Eb a little longer than he previously does, and you can play a Db during the "Oooooooooh, they say in love, there are no rules" bit, but Edge doesn't.
  2. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

This is right. On the "but your spirit is in the air" line, Edge strums the Eb a little longer than he previously does, and you can play a Db during the "Oooooooooh, they say in love, there are no rules" bit, but Edge doesn't.

Yeah, I usually play the Db (on piano especially) because it fills the gap a bit more for me - otherwise it sounds a bit empty?

3. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    Yeah, I usually play the Db (on piano especially) because it fills the gap a bit more for me - otherwise it sounds a bit empty?

I agree. Makes me wonder if he knew they were going into that snippet and just had to improvise on the fly (no pun intended.)
  4. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

I agree. Makes me wonder if he knew they were going into that snippet and just had to improvise on the fly (no pun intended.)

Indeed, although - snippet...que? I was thinking about the live version from Massachusetts...it would appear (yet again) that I'm not in the loop on something lol...
  5. Oh, Ali mentioned the Milan snippet on the end of Bad. That's what I was playing along with....

Originally posted by Ali709 but from what I'm hearing in Milan 92, it's different...

6. Originally posted by haytrainOh, Ali mentioned the Milan snippet on the end of Bad. That's what I was playing along with....

[..]

Argh, missed that bit
  7. some of my stuff has been posted in the video section but here goes... I put 9 u2 piano cover videos up, 7 are just piano and 2 are piano and voice.

it's on youtube.com - search for "yonzy". (sorry not sure how to direct link.) hope you like it.
  8. Originally posted by blindinglightssome of my stuff has been posted in the video section but here goes... I put 9 u2 piano cover videos up, 7 are just piano and 2 are piano and voice.

it's on youtube.com - search for "yonzy". (sorry not sure how to direct link.) hope you like it.

Did you do a piano cover of The Fly á la Elevation with the snippet at the beginning? Plus a version of Wave of Sorrow where you stuck your singing over the top of a vid of you on the piano?
  9. yup that's me. i know some of you have seen some of my stuff on this site before. reg. the fly, i'm very partial to the boston elevation gig, it was my first u2 show!

btw i'm also thinking of some new things to put up in the next couple of months ... some thoughts are UF, Bad, HMTMKMKM (all piano only.)
  10. Originally posted by blindinglights yup that's me. i know some of you have seen some of my stuff on this site before. reg. the fly, i'm very partial to the boston elevation gig, it was my first u2 show!

btw i'm also thinking of some new things to put up in the next couple of months ... some thoughts are UF, Bad, HMTMKMKM (all piano only.)

That sounds great mate, I'm intrigued to see how you'd go about with HMTMKMKM though...especially on the piano. I'd imagine there'd be similar problems like I had trying to get around UTEOTW on piano (the main riff especially...)

Keep up the great work
  11. Thanks Haytrain for providing a link!