1. Never thought of this as a somewhat rare "collectable," but sales history on discogs give it a slight different perspective
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    This place looks awesome! Maybe my memory fails me, but I seem to remember it being an upstairs 2nd story shop. Anyway... just an exercise in futility now anyway... thanks for sharing that link, though! I'll be sure to check out on my planned 2019 visit!

I also recall Dolphin Records but I honestly can't remember where it exactly was?
    I know the store you mentioned up the flight of stairs but again, I can't recollect. I will ask a friend of mine from Dublin and see if he can enlighten me. He's older than me and witnessed U2 at the Dandelion Market back in 1979. Also saw U2 perform at Trinity College. he could write a book about the early U2,

If you are visiting any of the U2 sites outside Dublin I can post directions and links. Such as the front cover of the Unforgettable Fire album at Moydrum Castle and the rear cover shot over in Co. Limerick. Then again there's so much to see in Dublin.

3. think it was Wellington Quay. in 2002 I bought a lot of bootlegs here, in 2005 the store was still open but during my last visit in 2009 it was closed.
  4. Originally posted by daymo1202:[..]

I also recall Dolphin Records but I honestly can't remember where it exactly was?
    I know the store you mentioned up the flight of stairs but again, I can't recollect. I will ask a friend of mine from Dublin and see if he can enlighten me. He's older than me and witnessed U2 at the Dandelion Market back in 1979. Also saw U2 perform at Trinity College. he could write a book about the early U2,

If you are visiting any of the U2 sites outside Dublin I can post directions and links. Such as the front cover of the Unforgettable Fire album at Moydrum Castle and the rear cover shot over in Co. Limerick. Then again there's so much to see in Dublin.
    Been to Moydrum.

But in a year or so when we get seriously planning, I may hit you up for some tips. This will be our 3rd visit, so we're gonna try to find to take the road most less taken this time.
  5. Originally posted by pan_Feroslav:[..]

think it was Wellington Quay. in 2002 I bought a lot of bootlegs here, in 2005 the store was still open but during my last visit in 2009 it was closed.
    I think you are right, last time I was there would have been about 1987.
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Been to Moydrum.

But in a year or so when we get seriously planning, I may hit you up for some tips. This will be our 3rd visit, so we're gonna try to find to take the road most less taken this time.
    I'm impressed you've been to Moydrum, that's cool. Some of the Unforgettable Fire promo shots were photographed over in the Burren in County Clare. Worth checking out and yes it's definitely the road-less-travelled. Although the band did shoot that famous pose at the Cliffs of Moher.
  7. Carrigogunnell Castle Co Limerick; Rear cover of the Unforgettable Fire

http://irelandinruins.blogspot.ie/2011/05/carrigogunnell-castle-co-limerick.html

From the website:

"Used to go camping there every summer and there were 4 of us there in August 1984 when U2 showed up. did we have a camera ?? of course not !!
    they hadn't quite cracked into the big time at that stage. even showed the edge how to climb the tricky first stage of the tower."
  8. Originally posted by daymo1202:[..]
    I'm impressed you've been to Moydrum, that's cool. Some of the Unforgettable Fire promo shots were photographed over in the Burren in County Clare. Worth checking out and yes it's definitely the road-less-travelled. Although the band did shoot that famous pose at the Cliffs of Moher.
    Been to the Burren and Cliffs also.

Need to focus our attention on the southern part next time... Limerick, Kerry, Cork, Wexford, etc... so I'll definitely be keen on knowing where in Co. Limerick they did rear cover photo!

I'll be in touch to see if I missed any hidden gems in Dublin also. Thanks!
  9. Haha. I read this after previous comment.
  10. Got this today!

11. Just saw this on ebay:

U2 - Red Hill Mining Town 2017 Mix - 1 Track Dutch/European Promo CD Joshua Tree

would this be a real promo, or fake?