1. Good question! There is an entry on discogs, but that doesn't mean a thing.
    However, these cd-r promos have been issued now and again the last few years...I believe.
  2. Hard to say. Discogs does have it listed in official release, and I do know that when I worked at Warner Bros. getting a promotional advance of an album on CD-R was not out of the ordinary, so it's likely a legit piece.

If you're in no rush to have it, just keep monitoring and searching. If it's a legit label release, it won't be as rare as it will likely be advertised. Collectible, yes. Limited, most certainly. But not worth the asking price...
  3. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Hard to say. Discogs does have it listed in official release, and I do know that when I worked at Warner Bros. getting a promotional advance of an album on CD-R was not out of the ordinary, so it's likely a legit piece.

If you're in no rush to have it, just keep monitoring and searching. If it's a legit label release, it won't be as rare as it will likely be advertised. Collectible, yes. Limited, most certainly. But not worth the asking price...
    These are fake. They've been doing these since the SOI singles came out. They were initially riddled with spelling mistakes, and I pointed that out on one forum, and suddenly they came out with a new batch that had the correct spelling. They originate with one or two sellers on ebay in the UK. And they always have loads of copies to sell. And they are really poor quality.

About a year after "Ordinary Love" came out there was suddenly one for that release as well.

All of these were marked as fake on Discogs at one point. I myself left some comments on a few of them. All of those comments seem to have been removed.
  4. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    These are fake. They've been doing these since the SOI singles came out. They were initially riddled with spelling mistakes, and I pointed that out on one forum, and suddenly they came out with a new batch that had the correct spelling. They originate with one or two sellers on ebay in the UK. And they always have loads of copies to sell. And they are really poor quality.

About a year after "Ordinary Love" came out there was suddenly one for that release as well.

All of these were marked as fake on Discogs at one point. I myself left some comments on a few of them. All of those comments seem to have been removed.
    interesting...
  5. All made by the same seller
    "toxic-rocket" on eBay... he told me once he got them from EU (Belgium / Luxembourg / Netherlands) DJ...

6. 2 x 2 promotional foamboard from my record company days...
  7. Curious question: Which album do you own the most copies of?

Mine:

War - 5 copies
    The Joshua Tree - 5 copies
    Rattle and Hum - 5 copies (inc. video)
    The Unforgettable Fire - 4 copies
    No Line On The Horizon - 4 copies
  8. Originally posted by iTim:Curious question: Which album do you own the most copies of?

Mine:

War - 5 copies
    The Joshua Tree - 5 copies
    Rattle and Hum - 5 copies (inc. video)
    The Unforgettable Fire - 4 copies
    No Line On The Horizon - 4 copies
    Are we talking multiple formats?
  9. 2 winners

Joshua Tree: 13 copies
    Achtung: 13 copies