1. @ELIZIUM

Can you send me pictures of your Numb promo CD from argentina, the Zooropa album sampler from you last pictures too?
  2. Originally posted by y531ly5:@ELIZIUM

Can you send me pictures of your Numb promo CD from argentina, the Zooropa album sampler from you last pictures too?
    No. They are in the photos section here as posted. I won't provide scans for obvious bootlegging reasons sorry. These are very rare and collectible. Was given these at the time of release and all are well gone by now. I never see them surface. Not once in 25 years.

Numb is original cardboard sleeve version (50 made) with same printed CD disc as the jewel case version and Catalogue number (CDS 006) and inner sleeve the same too. Jewel case editions followed these original cardboard sleeve editions.

The Zooropa sampler is with Cat No PRCD 6792-1 and features a rotative track listing back cover image unique firstly to this promo which appeared late April 1993 minus the Virgin logo. This unique artwork design later appeared on the limited edition version of the Zooropa album in Australia (which added the Virgin Records logo) and came out on day of release.

This particular promotional version was printed for the American market due to the variation between promotional codes and also appeared as part of the Four5One designs issued to the band and those close to the band. Hence the numerical 1 instead of obligatory 2 after promotional releases. At this time of release the design company were known by a number of alias names... ABA Dublin, AMP Visual, Averill Design Associates, The Creative Department.

This is fitting with other promotional items I have from this period, especially individual tracks from the Zooropa album (namely The Wanderer (album version without alarm/siren and an alternate version which later went on to appear with different lyrics on the Faraway, So Close! LP), Stay (later released in various promotional versions different to the ones issued to the band), Dirty Day, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car and a Perfecto mixes CD too. None of these were commercially available or released as promo to radio stations. They have very unique catalogue numbers that build on the previous (CD PRZRP 1,2,3,4 etc..). These will be posted here one day.

In addition to the aforementioned Zooropa, there is another CD with Cat No PRCD 6792-2 but with only one track - an edit version of Zooropa (to my knowledge there is no picture cover or tray cover, just the CD).

Then there is THE real holy grail (forget the numbered original U2 Three 12" and Mexican/Argentinian promos from the POP era). The very very rare Zooropa white cover/yellow & black strapline (CD PR ZRP 1) promotional CD. These editions (as previously mentioned) are in numerical increment starting with the number 1 and are used in sequence for the aforementioned songs.
    I may post a photo of that one day.
  3. Just got my first 4th Gen U2 Ipod and after loading it with some choice bootlegs thanks to U2start, I'm listening to U2 concerts I never got to go to when I was younger... :-)

4. Bootlegs of course!
  5. They look really nice though!
  6. Not a bad pick up for helping out at a record fair recently. I won't pay for these things. Ive seen the prices these two are commanding and wouldn't recommend people buy them. The ones I have in my collection from Boy up to Pop are due to knowing people who trade them.
    I couldn't say no to either offerings to add to this massive collection.
  7. looking good those 2 , stil looking for picture disk :war, unforgetablle , all you can"t ,achtung dont know whats more to get i have 3 joshua zooropa and pop and the rsd picture disk
  8. Originally posted by splinter67:looking good those 2 , stil looking for picture disk :war, unforgetablle , all you can"t ,achtung dont know whats more to get i have 3 joshua zooropa and pop and the rsd picture disk
    I would really recommend you buy official released vinyl. These are bootlegs and very unofficial. I fear you are going to part with your hard earned money at silly prices these things command.

I have managed to get all of mine by way of record trades or knowing people who know I collect U2 and can acquire these items and pop them in the post to me seeing as I deal with them a lot.
    I have seen that Zooropa picture disc priced at £50 regularly. Please don't pay that for these.

You can track down an official War picture disc as either black/clear rim version (thats all too pedantic to be even concerned about in my opinion, just as long as you know the run out groove is stamped and not etched with catalogue number). They do exchange hands at relatively good asking prices.

Granted the picture discs do look nice to play and display but just hope you do not get ripped off if you must have them.
  9. have all the originals, and for a picture disk i DONT want to pay the jackpot, has to be fun collecting, thnx for the warning