1. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01RTSS. Not just for the Streets lead in but because it was like 3 or 4 songs set up on that tour that seamlessly flowed into each other.

Yeah, I agree, that's another thing that does it for me
  2. They haven't done anything quite like it since then.
  3. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01They haven't done anything quite like it since then.

Hmmm...nope, I think you're right, I think for where a multiple segue of songs is concerned, ZooTV was the pinnacle
  4. Originally posted by drewhigginsMaybe City of Blinding Lights > Where The Streets Have No Name

But my favourite would have to be Please > Streets, I love the falsetto before it starts up.

Another "Please" vote here as well (but leave out the Playboy Mansion snippet at the end). COBL would be amazing preceding Streets--i can't wait to see what they're going to do with COBL on the next tour.
  5. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2[..]

Another "Please" vote here as well (but leave out the Playboy Mansion snippet at the end). COBL would be amazing preceding Streets--i can't wait to see what they're going to do with COBL on the next tour.

As long as they don't murder it, same here lol

Personally, I think they need to get a bit more "oomph" behind it - for me, at any rate, some of the performances seem to lack some of the power that was on the album version, but that said there were performances which blew me away (watching and listening, I mean). If they could consistently blast it out in the same way Streets always is, I'd be happy

Ab into D...hmm...I guess the obvious thing would be to move COBL up to A or bring Streets back down to Db, unless someone can explain to me that Ab and D bear enough similarity to render such a transition possible...?
  6. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

Personally, I think they need to get a bit more "oomph" behind it - for me, at any rate, some of the performances seem to lack some of the power that was on the album version, but that said there were performances which blew me away (watching and listening, I mean). If they could consistently blast it out in the same way Streets always is, I'd be happy

Yes! I think that if they were played back to back, the momentum from either one would carry into the next one and create a twelve-minute natural high. How awesome woul that be?!
  7. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2[..]

Yes! I think that if they were played back to back, the momentum from either one would carry into the next one and create a twelve-minute natural high. How awesome woul that be?!

Rather fucking good lol
  8. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

Ab into D...hmm...I guess the obvious thing would be to move COBL up to A or bring Streets back down to Db, unless someone can explain to me that Ab and D bear enough similarity to render such a transition possible...?

Agreed...make it more powerful. Did Larry use a less-powerful drumset during Vertigo by the way? I'm not an expert on that area...Elevation was much more powerful with more beat coming from the drums. Just compare SBS from both tours..
  9. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Agreed...make it more powerful. Did Larry use a less-powerful drumset during Vertigo by the way? I'm not an expert on that area...Elevation was much more powerful with more beat coming from the drums. Just compare SBS from both tours..

I have absolutely no idea Casper, I've currently got the ZooTV set running around in my head lol (ZooTV + The Fly = I'm starting to really love it again )...I 'd have said the tempo was a key difference during Elevation for sure - compare BTBS over either tour, and the Vertigo version was so much slower and more melancholy than crash-bang-whallop-eat-molten-lead type thing lol...the solos still kicked arse though...
  10. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

I have absolutely no idea Casper, I've currently got the ZooTV set running around in my head lol (ZooTV + The Fly = I'm starting to really love it again )...I 'd have said the tempo was a key difference during Elevation for sure - compare BTBS over either tour, and the Vertigo version was so much slower and more melancholy than crash-bang-whallop-eat-molten-lead type thing lol...the solos still kicked arse though...

The solo's during Vertigo wasn't bad either though, but indeed much slower. Overall, Vertigo Tour was a bit too flat for me. Like it anyway though..
  11. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

The solo's during Vertigo wasn't bad either though, but indeed much slower. Overall, Vertigo Tour was a bit too flat for me. Like it anyway though..

Hmmm, I'd say my favourite tours would go ZooTV/Pop/Vertigo/Elevation/JT + Lovetown/the rest of them...
  12. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

Hmmm, I'd say my favourite tours would go ZooTV/Pop/Vertigo/Elevation/JT + Lovetown/the rest of them...

Favourites? Lovetown and Zoo TV/JT/Elevation for sure. But I do like Vertigo...
    I'm also looking forward to the official statement of U2's new album release..when will it be official? What will be the name? Can't wait...