1. I stopped in St. John's last summer for 12 hours on my way back from Dublin. Plenty of great music there despite the lack of big name gigs. It's a trade off. A rich culture too which shouldn't be undervalued. I also sat with two Newfies at Twickenham!

2. Just a FYI: That term comes with some contention. There can be a negative connotation to it insinuating Newfoundlanders are stupid and goofy. Others embrace it with pride. I don’t care but prefer not to be called that based on the connotation. Haha
  3. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    Newfoundland, Canada. It’s an island out in the North Atlantic. No one comes, everyone tries to leave. Haha (It does have its charms though.)

The closest they ever came was Moncton which is a few hundred dollars flight away. It would have been doable but I spent double that and hotel/spending money to see them in Toronto that same summer.

No big shows comes here because of the small number of people and the sheer expense/logistics.

Do you like Great Big Sea?
  4. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]

Just a FYI: That term comes with some contention. There can be a negative connotation to it insinuating Newfoundlanders are stupid and goofy. Others embrace it with pride. I don’t care but prefer not to be called that based on the connotation. Haha
    Apologies it wasn't meant in a bad way . I am aware that other Canadians can sometimes prod fun at people from Newfoundland, like us English do people from Norfolk perhaps (webbed hands etc)
    I'm sure it happens all over the planet
  5. Originally posted by Timk68:[..]
    Apologies it wasn't meant in a bad way . I am aware that other Canadians can sometimes prod fun at people from Newfoundland, like us English do people from Norfolk perhaps (webbed hands etc)
    I'm sure it happens all over the planet
    It happens everywhere. It's not just us insensitive Americans...
  6. Kris, no offense was meant. I'll stop using the term.
  7. I noticed on FB they did EBW at the beach house thing above and wandering if they also did summer Of Love as it was rehearsed acoustic last night also. I literally know nothing about this mini performance though other than the clip I’ve saw above and the other on FB.
  8. So SOL and EBW being sound checked in NY... only for a beach party?
    Trolling level 100.