1. He claims that Adam has heard his song in a party.... And he also claims that there was a verbal agreement, no written contract...... Now make your own judgement about the validity of his " claim ".
  2. Originally posted by TRISTAN:[..]

He claims that Adam has heard his song in a party.... And he also claims that there was a verbal agreement, no written contract...... Now make your own judgement about the validity of his " claim ".
    A verbal agreement is as valid as a written agreement (although much harder to prove obviously). Not saying his claim is true -you and I have no way to tell- but if it is then he has all the right to sue the band for breach of contract.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    A verbal agreement is as valid as a written agreement (although much harder to prove obviously). Not saying his claim is true -you and I have no way to tell- but if it is then he has all the right to sue the band for breach of contract.
    Then why did he wait for 4 years to sue !! He has known about the live performance in 2017.
  4. Imagine being a band as big as U2 and getting sued over a song like A Man and a Woman. Yikes.
  5. The guy sounds like he is bluffing very far fetched and unbelievable story ,U2 lawyer's will squash him like a bug.
  6. Yep the only way the guy will get anything is if his claims are true and Adam feels the need to be honest about the conversation. Otherwise even if the conversation did take place (and I don’t believe it did) then he wouldn’t have enough proof.
  7. If it's true, U2 more likely made "his" song way better.
  8. I notice the latest u2songs ‘Crystal ball’ is up and apart from some bits that could go with the Heartland film (which probably isn’t out for a while either) it doesn’t seem very appealing what the rest of the year has in store. No mention of anything honouring AB which is really disappointing if the band aren’t going to do anything or release anything for it in a year that’s going to be pretty quiet otherwise it looks like.

https://www.u2songs.com/news/the_crystal_ball_what_comes_next
  9. I don’t think anybody was really planning on them putting out an album or touring this year.