1. I agree there but I was slightly more sure than not they’d at least do something for AB between the one off show and anniversary release ideas that were mentioned.
  2. They do something every autumn so it just a matter of time. Frankly the AB/JT remaster industrial complex is getting a little tired.
  3. very tired. milking old albums every few years is just taking the piss.
  4. I disagree. I think they should be rereleasing old albums on their anniversaries all the time but making sure they put good content on them. Imo 2 of the JT sets have been very good. The 30th anniversary box as a physical collectors item was a big improvement on the 20th and material wise for the 2 combined we had paris on dvd and MSG on cd. I’d love them to do that with every album every 10 years or more regularly even maybe every 5 years. Alongside new albums and tours at the usual rate as well. It doesn’t always need to be the album remastered even just a tour show in support of whatever album it was would do the trick.
  5. I think there is plenty of time to do something with AB, we are in April ...
  6. I’m sure the point has been made already, but the monetising of nostalgia smacks of greed and suggests creative drought. Bloody ironic too where Achtung Baby is concerned, a major point there appeared to be that U2 are about perpetually reinventing themselves - the opposite of nostalgia. One for a significant anniversary release is ok, bought enough myself. But subsequent super duper deluxe reissues devalue the first or second super deluxe reissues.
  7. I love Achtung Baby, but enough of past albums. By October we will probably have the new album
  8. Originally posted by TheRefugee:I’m sure the point has been made already, but the monetising of nostalgia smacks of greed and suggests creative drought. Bloody ironic too where Achtung Baby is concerned, a major point there appeared to be that U2 are about perpetually reinventing themselves - the opposite of nostalgia. One for a significant anniversary release is ok, bought enough myself. But subsequent super duper deluxe reissues devalue the first or second super deluxe reissues.
    You see it totally different to me then. I see it as an opportunity for the band to release more shows from these era’s. They could release an AB set that was much less focused on studio stuff compared to what the 20th anniversary set was. They are bad for repeating stuff on releases and that’s a different issue but the idea of anniversary releases done right is something I and I’m sure most fans would be excited about. Probably for JT there was still a bit too much repeated stuff on the 30th compared to the 20th but the actual item itself was far more impressive on the 30th and at least still offered more unreleased live stuff. In the case of AB and zoo tv in particular I don’t think many big fans of that album and tour could say they are satisfied with the amount of live content released from that era. TUF is another that stands out.
  9. No chance the new album will be ready by October. Maybe October next year.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I disagree. I think they should be rereleasing old albums on their anniversaries all the time but making sure they put good content on them. Imo 2 of the JT sets have been very good. The 30th anniversary box as a physical collectors item was a big improvement on the 20th and material wise for the 2 combined we had paris on dvd and MSG on cd. I’d love them to do that with every album every 10 years or more regularly even maybe every 5 years. Alongside new albums and tours at the usual rate as well. It doesn’t always need to be the album remastered even just a tour show in support of whatever album it was would do the trick.
    It actually makes sense because they are going to produce X number of JT albums next year so why not make it a fresh slab.
  11. Looks like we'll be getting Heartland and an EP for JT35.
  12. Would now be a good time to point out that U2XRadio has both listeners (via their hosting of Desire) and the actual channel's DJs (both the regular weekly/daily DJs and the celebrity guest DJs) mention all the time about how much they would love an AB 30th anniversary tour?

ALL.
    THE.
    TIME.

Either they're getting us ready for it, or the people who actually run and program the channel are doing their absolute best to convince U2 to do it.