1. Originally posted by podiumboy:I predict that LiveNation and whoever else are going to want some NEW big tours coming in 2022 to generate some NEW MONEY. I would imagine they’re going to want U2 in on that....

It always intrigues me why people think that the band is some sort of subservient identity who can be told what to by Live Nation. U2 tour when U2 want to tour, and i’m sure it’s a mutual feeling. Certainly after the somewhat forced ‘contractual obligations’ tour that was the AUS / NZ / SOUTH ASIA LEG. I would think this new contract ( has any one confirmed they have actually signed a new contract with LN ? ) would be well on U2s side then that of LN.

2. Didn't U2Songs say the other day that even though JT17 was contractually obligated, JT19 wasn't, and the band actually chose to do those shows that year?
  3. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

Didn't U2Songs say the other day that even though JT17 was contractually obligated, JT19 wasn't, and the band actually chose to do those shows that year?
    Yeah they did which makes sense as it would make no sense for JT2019 to be contractually obligated from a financial point of view when the money in touring comes far easier in Europe and North America. It will be interesting to know what kind of deal they’ve signed with Livenation this time, assuming they did. I can’t imagine they want to be tied down to too much work at this stage of their career but I don’t think they’ll want to compromise on the type of show they put on either and I’m sure that’s where Livenation are of real benefit when it comes to these deals/contracts. The band have been able to put on amazing shows since working with Livenation without the financing risk like they had in the 90’s.
  4. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

Didn't U2Songs say the other day that even though JT17 was contractually obligated, JT19 wasn't, and the band actually chose to do those shows that year?
    I think they needed to considering Australia was left out since 360
  5. They've never brought an indoor tour there since 89 which is odd considering Australia have plenty of arenas that would accommodate the various tours they've done over the last 2 decades .

6. Hmmmm not much recording going on at present clearly , who mentioned recently that the band are in a recording studio ? I call bullsh*t ! 2023 at the earliest for new stuff!
  7. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]

Hmmmm not much recording going on at present clearly , who mentioned recently that the band are in a recording studio ? I call bullsh*t ! 2023 at the earliest for new stuff!
    Unless there's a recording studio in Edge's yacht? ...
  8. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]

Hmmmm not much recording going on at present clearly , who mentioned recently that the band are in a recording studio ? I call bullsh*t ! 2023 at the earliest for new stuff!
    Steve Lillywhite said it so I'd take his word over some random guy he'd have no reason to say it if it wasn't true .
  9. I believe U2 wanted to take the Innocence and Experience tour to australia and Asia, but in the end it just made more sense to do a stadium tour for financial and logistical reasons. Rather than make a stadium hybrid for IE, they just figured they’d take the Joshua tree since they already had a good stadium production ready to go.

An arena tour probably would’ve just been multiple night residencies in Auckland, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Singapore and Tokyo. Doubtful that places like India, Seoul, Manila etc would’ve gotten shows. So they got to play to more people in more places, make more money with fewer shows. In the end, it was the only real option to tour that part of the world.
  10. Bono & Edge's appearance was supposed to be pre-recorded but now it seems they'll be there with Martin Garrix tomorrow?

11. I don’t think that means they will be there in person, just that they’ll be performing with him ‘virtually’ with the pre recorded bit they’ve done still.