1. Maybe Bono has shortness of breath from covid and can’t sing as well for awhile
  2. If that's the case then they better don't record anything until he's got his breath back. This version is no good.
  3. Edge is better at singing SBS stripped down/Popmart style
  4. I honestly would rather hear Edge singing and playing it a la Popmart than the version we're hearing now.. especially the part where he'd normally play the harmonics- those chords sound horrible to me LOL
  5. Yikes. I’ll listen to it again later but that sounds like a complete non event from Bono. No voice or no confidence.
  6. Originally posted by bonoschild:I honestly would rather hear Edge singing and playing it a la Popmart than the version we're hearing now.. especially the part where he'd normally play the harmonics- those chords sound horrible to me LOL
    He's been playing these chords on and off for many years and I never dig them. I get the intention but they're too dissonant for such a melodic song. I also dislike strongly his obsession with modifying the main riff and not playing the high E open (choosing to stay in the high F#) basically due to lazyness. Ahhhh damn
  7. I'd actually say call it a day now based on that. It'll just get more embarrassing otherwise
  8. The lead singer seems incapable of singing.

Hopefully this is indicative of some sort of vibe or style Bono is trying out but it really has not landed.
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    The lead singer seems incapable of singing.

Hopefully this is indicative of some sort of vibe or style Bono is trying out but it really has not landed.
    Indeed Ger..your first sentence sums it up.
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    The lead singer seems incapable of singing.

There were clearly bits in it that were to do with the style of singing rather than him being unable to sing but there have been plenty of poor vocal performances in the past and he’s then put on some great performances. Usually once he’s warmed into a tour, mid tour or early-mid tour being strongest I’d suggest generally.