1. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    It must be in Larry’s contract that he doesn’t do anything outside of recording sessions and live performances. He is at least semi-retired at this point, and is more or less an employee.

Adam seems good to do whatever. He’d probably do more things, but it doesn’t really make sense to do a Bono/Edge/Adam set.
    Larry just works to make serious bank (tours etc) and thats it these days
  2. Where to find a recording please?
  3. In all honesty, you're right. Larry couldn't probably give a fuck less about being in U2 anymore. If it were up to him, he'd be retired by now. But Bono and Edge know that it's very important to U2's aesthetic and brand to still be the same 4 guys onstage. Larry knows it's important too, and he's willing to go along with it... for a price. At this point, U2 can't be Bono, Edge, Adam onstage with some guy named Jeff or Chet, etc. But Larry doesn't do interviews, speak with fans, or live performances that aren't part of a tour, or a major album promo event like SNL/Fallon/Kimmel etc.

I'm sure Larry likes his bandmates, and is proud of all that U2 have acheived. But it's pretty obvious he's demoted himself and his role in the band. I will say, at the 2019 shows he seemed to be in a better mood than I'd seen him be in a decade or more.
  4. Yup, pretty obvious right now that Larry is in absentia.
  5. He's still recovering from all the talking they made him do and the attention he got each night of the JT19 tour.
  6. Only listened briefly but more reason for me why they should not do an acoustic album. Bono's voice is shot and Edge just isn't Edge without the delay and effects.

And clearly Larry is done...
  7. Edge gives a shout-out to Athlone!

8. Originally posted by cookoman:Only listened briefly but more reason for me why they should not do an acoustic album. Bono's voice is shot and Edge just isn't Edge without the delay and effects.

And clearly Larry is done...
    I think he sounds alright. He has to be slightly subdued, given the setting he’s in. He sounds a lot better than Vince Neil or Jon Bon Jovi.

I agree about the acoustic album.

WOWY does sound surprisingly good in an acoustic B+E arrangement, however.

9. I love seeing these guys using the talents God gave them to encourage, support, and try to bring a little joy and love to suffering people. That they are willing to deliver a such a vulnerable, unrefined performance in such a bleak setting and in front of such a small crowd—that they are willing to to stand there in front of the news media and do their best to give meaningful answers to hard questions—speaks volumes about their sincerity and character. These guys are rare pearls indeed.