1. Happy 40th wedding anniversary to Ali and Bono!

2. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:[..]
    shameful but as i don't place either of them on a pedestal then i'm not surprised
    - but i am disappointed

the time something happens doesn't make it 'passé' nor 'irrelevant' otherwise we'd never talk about history FFS

and i know you have to separate the man from the art but fuck me this is poor
    timing wise it was before Trump entered politics. Or his kids had anything to do with the White House. Geldof and Bono were working to raise attention and money for DATA ahead of the G8 summit. And at that point Ivanka was a businesswoman and the daughter of a reality TV star. At one point Aung San Sui Kyi looked like a good idea as well…
  3. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    timing wise it was before Trump entered politics. Or his kids had anything to do with the White House. Geldof and Bono were working to raise attention and money for DATA ahead of the G8 summit. And at that point Ivanka was a businesswoman and the daughter of a reality TV star. At one point Aung San Sui Kyi looked like a good idea as well…
    100% agree
  4. I’m disappointed the band didn’t use their time travelling powers to see into the future. We all know they’ve been ahead of the game throughout their careers so really there’s no excuse here. Just because it isn’t music related doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have called upon their powers.
  5. Bono continued to associate with George W. Bush and Tony Blair after the invasion of Iraq. He still likes Bush. That's worse than the story linked above.

At least Larry called it out.
  6. He met with Bush that same month he sang for Jared and Ivanka. Saw a photo pop up when I was trying to nail down the date he met the others.
  7. That suggests that Bono in particular did use his powers after all and he’s just a bad judge of character. I’ve heard theories that George Bush actually threatened to send the troops to Ireland to take over and make Ireland USA territory if the band said anything too out of line. Anything critical that was said publicly had been agreed before hand between the band and George Bush so as not to look too suspicious. It’s actually what inspired the vertigo lyric ‘just give me what I want and no one gets hurt’.
  8. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    The really funny part is Biden is being so worst but now is colorful and democratic, then no songs about american dream, not angry speech against war and blablabla but its fine, the orange man bad is out of the way LOL The same about Europe killing their our population, but it's fine, its democratic LOL