1. XXX's voice effect (with kendrick lamar) they used on Bono was good, it wasn't autotune but it deserves to be remembered, that was probably the best thing U2 has done in years, they totally detached themselves
  2. Originally posted by Damonio123:my god I love sleep like a baby, imagine that U2 released 3 albums for all their audience: song's of ascent, rock n roll album and an experimental one, paradise at its best

I can't imagine it at all, but nice to dream. What I do imagine is the bloated 40 Songs Of Rerecordings, that somehow are spread to 4 CDs when it likely would have fit on 3 CDs. I then imagine a new album in 2023 or 2024. Then maybe Songs Of Ascent as a sort of retirement present to the fans. I sure hope I am wrong and we get this Rock Album in 2023, and another one in 2025, and Ascent whenever or in between time.
  3. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

I can't imagine it at all, but nice to dream. What I do imagine is the bloated 40 Songs Of Rerecordings, that somehow are spread to 4 CDs when it likely would have fit on 3 CDs. I then imagine a new album in 2023 or 2024. Then maybe Songs Of Ascent as a sort of retirement present to the fans. I sure hope I am wrong and we get this Rock Album in 2023, and another one in 2025, and Ascent whenever or in between time.
    It’s on 4-CD to match the 4-vinyl version. Each disc and sleeve for each disc will focus on one member of the band. The Edge for instance chose an image of his bald head, taken by Anton Corbijn.
  4. Bono singing a few verses of Two Shots of Happy on the Graham Norton show.

5. Not available in Canada till November 14th. I’ve pre ordered.
  6. Bono on Graham Norton speaking about Songs of Ascent. Similar to what we got the other day "nearly finished" "not right for the moment we're in" "unreasonable guitar record, proper rock and roll"
  7. ‘So we are starting over again’
  8. https://www.vulture.com/article/all-218-u2-songs-ranked-from-worst-to-best.html

I normally get upset by reading these ridiculous rankings but I find this list quite humorous. Red Flag Day is nowhere close to being the worst song U2 have ever recorded. I would put it in the top third or top half personally. Either the Vulture reviewer doesn't get or understand music, let alone U2's music, or it was placebo day when she put this list together, or both.
  9. Red Light at #160 and Stand Up Comedy at #128. It's an, uh, entertaining list
  10. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

One would hope and think that some songs of Ascent Tracks are done already. What a novel concept if U2.com would release one Song of Ascent every 1 to 2 months or so.They songs wouldn't even have to be released in their album running order as that may not be determined yet. Bottom line, don't hold on to the Songs of Ascent tunes for a farewell or retirement goodbye gift. I have no clue what would be so hard about releasing SOA tracks to U2.com subscribers. Sigh.....
  11. Some picks I found humorous as well but overall I found myself agreeing with most of the placements. Fun to read descriptions and rationales for each, at least, and made me want to revisit many of the songs!
  12. Once I saw how low RFD was I quit reading. Fuck that list.

YSSML also doesn’t deserve to be that low.