U2 - Mofo
Album:
Pop (1997)
  1. Originally posted by DavePoptart:I got a good question. At the start of mofo live what is making that beat? I know on the album it says keyboards but live it almost sounds like adams bass help me out here what is making the mofo beat live?

Nah....not so good question lol
  2. Lol good one. But serious dose anybody know?

3. I personally think it might be a pre-recorded sound over the PA
    So...no-ones playing it...
  4. Lol good one. But serious dose anybody know?

5. Lol I know that but what instrument
  6. MoFo from Johnnesburg 98:

At 4:30 the sound starts. At this moment I think it is a sampler activated by The Edge, or may be even Adam himself. ( you can see how this is done in this video:

Adam starts playing at around 4:40 when the drums come in and stops at 5:00
    At 5:05, Adam comes in really loud, and I think it´s only him then....( there are some samplers but not for bass....for the weird noises)
    That´s what I think from watching the part for over 20 minutes
    Hope it helps ;p

There is also this cool video on popmart tour sound technologies:
  7. Originally posted by NLOTH_Victor:MoFo from Johnnesburg 98:

[YouTube Video]

At 4:30 the sound starts. At this moment I think it is a sampler activated by The Edge, or may be even Adam himself. ( you can see how this is done in this video: [YouTube Video]
    Adam starts playing at around 4:40 when the drums come in and stops at 5:00
    At 5:05, Adam comes in really loud, and I think it´s only him then....( there are some samplers but not for bass....for the weird noises)
    That´s what I think from watching the part for over 20 minutes
    Hope it helps ;p

There is also this cool video on popmart tour sound technologies: [YouTube Video]

That's awesome thankyou. I love the song I hope to hear it live again soon. Thanx for all the help. Did u say u have samples of the mofo beat?
  8. Big bump.

Can anyone recommend a good remix of this song? I have the album version and many live versions from the PopMart tour but I am looking for something different that to not TOO different than the studio version. In other words, not a remix that is just a bunch of "blips" and "beeps" with Bono voice distorted in the background.
  9. The Phunk Force remix is nice.
  10. Originally posted by RUMMY:Big bump.

Can anyone recommend a good remix of this song? I have the album version and many live versions from the PopMart tour but I am looking for something different that to not TOO different than the studio version. In other words, not a remix that is just a bunch of "blips" and "beeps" with Bono voice distorted in the background.

As Dieder said, the Phunk Phorce Remix is pretty interesting. The Rock 2000 is very good too, very similar to the album version, just with a little more of "disco" feeling. And another one is the Matthew Roberts Mix, it's 9 minutes long but it doesn't get much boring, since it includes some new/alternate vocals and some repeats of the chorus. It's probably my favorite.

You can PM me if you want more info (!) on any of those remixes.
  11. I was going to say that Mathew Roberts remix too
    'mothering f*cking rock and f*cking roll"

12. Thanks very much for the suggestions. I'm looking into these now.