1. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Thank god they released this hahaha, so great

I need a box set next year. Need not want. With outtakes/demos. This is the only U2 release I would care about.
    I think there will be a release but I don’t know how good it would be. It could be something like the early albums and just a 2cd version with the album remastered and a disc 2 full of stuff we already have maybe with one reworked song. I could see them putting the best of mixes plus single version of songs together. If they went for a box more like ATYCLB then they could add a remix cd and a live cd or 2. If they do give us something live I think it would be something previously unreleased as they had Hasta la vista for the fanclub so that would rule out Mexico. Either way though I don’t think we’ll get much unheard studio stuff.
  2. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Thank god they released this hahaha, so great

I need a box set next year. Need not want. With outtakes/demos. This is the only U2 release I would care about.
    Pop is dead and buried for U2 in terms of releases.
  3. Why would that be? They’ve rereleased just about every other album that are 20 years old or more. Pop likely only hasn’t been rereleased because of TJT anniversary tour. Zooropa never got it’s own anniversary release but they tied that in with AB and there seems to be legal issues surrounding rattle and hum. I’d be very surprised if they didn’t release something for pop’s 25th anniversary next year.
  4. The remaster has never been released on cd so that would be there starting point for something ‘new’. Look at the war 2cd release there was only one unreleased song and a few unreleased remixes. The only question for me with pop is how big a release it gets. But maybe they’ll surprise me and not release anything. It’s also worth noting they brought out ATYCLB as a remaster at the same time then brought out the boxset this year to mark the 20th anniversary so I don’t think Pop will be skipped for a 25th anniversary release because of that vinyl remaster. Time will tell I guess, I shouldn’t be looking past the AB release I’m hoping for this year anyway.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Why would that be? They’ve rereleased just about every other album that are 20 years old or more. Pop likely only hasn’t been rereleased because of TJT anniversary tour. Zooropa never got it’s own anniversary release but they tied that in with AB and there seems to be legal issues surrounding rattle and hum. I’d be very surprised if they didn’t release something for pop’s 25th anniversary next year.

Which albums didn't get proper re-remasters when their 20/25/30 anniversary arrived?

Rattle And Hum
    Zooropa
    Pop

"Coincidentally" their three sales/critics fiascos together with NLOTH. NLOTH is too young to get any kind of remaster or reissue but I bet big money that it just won't happen when it's old enough. They just don't reissue albums that they don't feel were a 100% success in terms of critic and sales.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Which albums didn't get proper re-remasters when their 20/25/30 anniversary arrived?

Rattle And Hum
    Zooropa
    Pop

"Coincidentally" their three sales/critics fiascos together with NLOTH. NLOTH is too young to get any kind of remaster or reissue but I bet big money that it just won't happen when it's old enough. They just don't reissue albums that they don't feel were a 100% success in terms of critic and sales.
    Pop is completely different from the 2 you mentioned as I said there seems to legal issues with rattle and hum in the past, I would bet that’s stopping them from doing anything with that and they tied Zooropa in with AB, they couldn’t really release that on its own as a boxset when the Sydney concert basically was a zooropa show, it made sense putting that together. Pop being sidestepped would be bizarre. I still think it would have been done on the 20th anniversary if it wasn’t for JT falling on the same year. They’ve done October which I think is generally looked at less favourably than pop especially nowadays, Pop has probably never been as popular.
  7. It got an Orange vinyl release recently enough, I don't see why some people are hoping for a boxset of it, all it would be is a multiple remixes of staring at the sun and mofo and popmart from Mexico and a bunch of stuff most fans have anyway.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Pop is completely different from the 2 you mentioned as I said there seems to legal issues with rattle and hum in the past, I would bet that’s stopping them from doing anything with that and they tied Zooropa in with AB, they couldn’t really release that on its own as a boxset when the Sydney concert basically was a zooropa show, it made sense putting that together. Pop being sidestepped would be bizarre. I still think it would have been done on the 20th anniversary if it wasn’t for JT falling on the same year. They’ve done October which I think is generally looked at less favourably than pop especially nowadays, Pop has probably never been as popular.
    They did the first three together, that made sense. There was barely 2 years in between the (original) release of Boy and War. It was the band developing, also live. It's great to have that documented a bit more extensively. Pop is a completely different story from everything else that has been seriously re-released. It's not an album they were really happy about and as said it already got it's 20 year's anniversary release. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but I just don't see the logic why we should expect it. I think they only do the big(ger) landmarks.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I was about to mention the October "issue" in my post but I decided to cut it short. As Rick says, they did the opening trilogy all at once in 2008 and including October there made all the sense, so it's not really comparable (otherwise I would have included it in my list).

I'm glad that you're hopeful for a remaster/reissue/boxset thing for Pop. I'm just not as lucky.
  10. They can give us a replica of Edge's cowboy hat and a mirror covered lemon.

The 90's is the only era of U2 I'm interested at the moment. Pop and Zooropa mainly.
  11. As I said earlier we’ll just need to wait and see next year then. I just think based on what they’ve rereleased before all signs point to a pop anniversary release but I could be wrong.