1. Originally posted by Sev00:I would love U2 doing a POP 2 in this day & age.

Unrelated, but I don't have the single versions of If God Will Send His Angels and Last Night on Earth (this one isn't even to be found anywhere on youtube!).

I can't seem to find them anywhere purchasable on internet. Amazon Music has the Angels single, but says it's not available for purchase in my country.

Anyone has a link to where the ycan be found ??
    https://www.discogs.com/U2-Last-Night-On-Earth/master/66212

https://www.discogs.com/U2-If-God-Will-Send-His-Angels/release/2337361
  2. Originally posted by Sev00:I would love U2 doing a POP 2 in this day & age.

Unrelated, but I don't have the single versions of If God Will Send His Angels and Last Night on Earth (this one isn't even to be found anywhere on youtube!).

I can't seem to find them anywhere purchasable on internet. Amazon Music has the Angels single, but says it's not available for purchase in my country.

Anyone has a link to where the ycan be found ??

I think both music video's are using the single edit:

3. I didn't like the way the band went public in a lot of interviews saying how it wasn't finished or wasn't what they envisioned it to be it just gave ammunition to journalists and naysayers at the time ,stand by your work or don't release it if you're not happy with it .The album was 2 years in the making they delayed it for months they had various producers in to make it as good as possible they could have delayed the tour if they needed more time I always liked the album there is 8-9 strong songs on it the rest are ok .
  4. When I was younger I had seen Discotheque on the Best of 1990-2000 DVD and loved it. I didn't have Pop on CD, only The Best of 1990-2000 and was pissed when I heard Discotheque on it... what is this...??

The album version of Discotheque is just perfect. The single version is great too with the different intro. Banger.
  5. I love Pop, one of their best. The only song on the album that I think needed more work was Please. They nailed it live though, love the VMA performance.
  6. First three tracks are the most produced, although Discotheque is a little too over produced and sounds muddy in parts. A good few songs sound unfinished, hence why the single versions were stronger (to me anyway).

All that said however, the album for all it's flaws still has a unique charm to it as a body of work, the pressure to be big and not better bites it's nails of success of course. I don't listen to it often but whenever I do I'm still happy with it.
  7. I can’t take it......well,let me explain.i try not to compare this with that because music is not made of it but....
    I’m 48 and I began with U2 at 12 in 1983....I’ve grown up with them,through thick and thin,good and bad times.i had my indecision around 91 with Achtung which revealed itself one of their best albums but.....but
    First time I heard Discotheque,well...I can’t find the words.that was pure shit to me.the sound,the make up....I felt disappointed,really.I didn’t expect something like that from my favorite band which I thought they had humility as their first commandment .
    Pop has got some real beautiful gems kinda Please,Wake up or Gone but I really don’t understand who thinks it’s their best album
    Then I come back down to earth and I think well...everyone has its own taste,own ears,own age...so everyone listens to music how they want and I can’t judge at all
    My favorite album is Unforgettable Fire
    Someone else has Pop for favorite
    That’s life
    That’s U2start
    Cheers
  8. Originally posted by Fly40:I can’t take it......well,let me explain.i try not to compare this with that because music is not made of it but....
    I’m 48 and I began with U2 at 12 in 1983....I’ve grown up with them,through thick and thin,good and bad times.i had my indecision around 91 with Achtung which revealed itself one of their best albums but.....but
    First time I heard Discotheque,well...I can’t find the words.that was pure shit to me.the sound,the make up....I felt disappointed,really.I didn’t expect something like that from my favorite band which I thought they had humility as their first commandment .
    Pop has got some real beautiful gems kinda Please,Wake up or Gone but I really don’t understand who thinks it’s their best album
    Then I come back down to earth and I think well...everyone has its own taste,own ears,own age...so everyone listens to music how they want and I can’t judge at all
    That’s life
    That’s U2start
    Cheers
    I know how you feel. Same here. I was so excited when Pop was released. I went to the local shop and bought a copy and the first 200 customers were given a Pop T-shirt for free. I was one of the lucky few. The album is ok but lacks the raw power and electricity of previous albums. Things got worse when I went to Barcelona and my heroes played Macarena, bringing 3 girls on stage to perform the stupid dance. Anyway I enjoyed the rest of the concert, specially “I will follow” and the end of the gig with The Beatles’ “Rain”. I’m 51 now and also fell in love with the unforgettable four back in 1983. They are still my fave band and the OST of my life but I must admit I agree with you in most of your thoughts and feelings
  9. Originally posted by Fly40:I can’t take it......well,let me explain.i try not to compare this with that because music is not made of it but....
    That’s life
    That’s U2start
    Cheers
    Let’s be thankful that we love a band who has produced wide and varied styles of albums thru out their careers. The Nickleback or BonJovi forums i doubt have the same polarising issues lol

Besides ‘opinions’ are like assholes , everyone has one it’s just that some stink more than others !
  10. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]
    Let’s be thankful that we love a band who has produced wide and varied styles of albums thru out their careers. The Nickleback or BonJovi forums i doubt have the same polarising issues lol

Besides ‘opinions’ are like assholes , everyone has one it’s just that some stink more than others !
    totally true! that's the reason why I love and respect this band, they had varied so much
  11. Originally posted by wideawake69:[..]
    I know how you feel. Same here. I was so excited when Pop was released. I went to the local shop and bought a copy and the first 200 customers were given a Pop T-shirt for free. I was one of the lucky few. The album is ok but lacks the raw power and electricity of previous albums. Things got worse when I went to Barcelona and my heroes played Macarena, bringing 3 rather chubby girls (nothing against them but they were really fat) on stage to perform the stupid dance. Anyway I enjoyed the rest of the concert, specially “I will follow” and the end of the gig with The Beatles’ “Rain”. I’m 51 now and also fell in love with the unforgettable four back in 1983. They are still my fave band and the OST of my life but I must admit I agree with you in most of your thoughts and feelings
    so the girls were 'fat' and you had 'nothing against them' - who the fuck are you?

if they were nubile pretty little things then that would have been okay then?

that diatribe negates your opinion to one of worthlessness - go and join a taylor swift forum

and sorry to any of the female fans who feel offended - we're not all like that
  12. I think you did not understand my comment. Sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intention. I was trying to describe what happened that day, nothing else. If the girls had been thin, blonde or tall I would have pointed out that as well. Sorry if I hurt anybody’s feelings but I am not that superficial. Sorry one more time