1. The “looking for the sound that’s gonna drown out the world” verse of Mofo was eliminated after awhile during Popmart. In the Mexico show, for example, Bono quickly spews out a few of the lines before the song’s coda begins. In other versions he doesn’t even do that.
  2. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    The “looking for the sound that’s gonna drown out the world” verse of Mofo was eliminated after awhile during Popmart. In the Mexico show, for example, Bono quickly spews out a few of the lines before the song’s coda begins. In other versions he doesn’t even do that.
    Yeah, this. It's too bad because it's a killer verse, IMO.

Looking for a sound that's going to drown out the world
    Looking for the father of my two little girls
    Got the swing, got the sway, got my straw in lemonade
    Still looking for the face I had before the world was made

Like, this verse alone almost sums up what Pop is. Dark and difficult subject matter, self-reflection, but teasing/having fun while doing it.

3. OMG some acknowledgement of POP!
  4. They also acknowledged it in 2018 I think during the time they were rehearsing for E&I. I remember thinking it was maybe a hint they were going to give the song a go since 21 years isn’t exactly one of the bigger anniversaries but wishful thinking.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    They also acknowledged it in 2018 I think during the time they were rehearsing for E&I. I remember thinking it was maybe a hint they were going to give the song a go since 21 years isn’t exactly one of the bigger anniversaries but wishful thinking.
    Well they did play 'Staring at the sun" on that tour so they didn't completely turn their back on Pop.
  6. That 2005 rehearsal of MOFO gives me all the dirty thoughts.
  7. It has been seriously neglected since after the elevation tour though although at least that tour did give some of the songs a 2nd run and ultimately SATS did get a 3rd run on E&I albeit ending half way through the tour. Only NLOTH is being more neglected.
  8. The only U2 nostalgia tour I will ever vocally support is one where they play Pop in its entirety.
  9. The cure did the trilogy live shows which were 3 of their albums played live in their entirety. 3 gigs they done, not separate shows for each album they played all 3 albums on the one night and did an encore still. Imagine U2 playing the 90’s albums in their entirety even as a one off show. 34 songs would be a record but as a one off not an unrealistic number. Could take breaks in between each album set as well.
  10. Apparently The Cure now have three albums in the can atm.
  11. I watched this YouTube video a little while back and the host referenced The Edge's use of a pedal. I'm fairly certain it was the Lovetone Meatball @ 6:20 that Edge used on Discotheque at 2:20.
  12. I've said it before but a show where the entre set list is taken from their 90s output would be something to behold.