1. Holy Joe (Guilty Mix) it is! And, do you know of any remixes of Mofo that are (in your opinion) better than the album version? I have most of them (about 4 or so), but I'm not sure if there are others
  2. Originally posted by U2Nick:[..]

Holy Joe (Guilty Mix) it is! And, do you know of any remixes of Mofo that are (in your opinion) better than the album version? I have most of them (about 4 or so), but I'm not sure if there are others

LOL, no the Garage mix gets my vote, not the Guilty mix. Did I write Guilty ? Sorry. I meant the Garage mix. Garage mix is better, IMO. But anyways--I'll listen to the Mofo mixes I've got and get back to you? Nothing springs to mind right now.
  3. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:[..]

LOL, no the Garage mix gets my vote, not the Guilty mix. Did I write Guilty ? Sorry. I meant the Garage mix. Garage mix is better, IMO. But anyways--I'll listen to the Mofo mixes I've got and get back to you? Nothing springs to mind right now.

lol, I meant to type "Garage", but I was listening to the "Guilty" mix earlier lol

Okay, c ya
  4. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:[..]

have you heard the Explicit remix of Mofo? it's essentially the same as Phunk Force only with the expletive.....i don't care, it's so much cooler lol

5. Never say never, indeed. But I wouldn't hold my breath either. If it happens, let it be a pleasant surprise.

The issue at hand is that U2 play, on average, 21-22 songs per show. They usually end up playing 7-8 songs from the new album. This leave 14-15 open spots in the setlist. Fill those with some of the usual suspects: "...Streets...", "NYD", "Pride", "One", "Bullet...", "SBS", "Beautiful Day"... and you can see that this leave little room for long lost favorites.

Now the arguement then becomes... which of the oft played songs should they 'retire'. I am not sure 'retire' is the right idea but 'rotate' would be a good idea. Rotate? One night play "NYD" and the next show "SBS". This like this would leave more 'holes' in the set list to add less played / never played songs.

How to do it? That would require the band to rehearse up many more songs than usual. It would also take thier changing a long held view that 'most' people see one show and would be disappointed if they didn't hear those 'oft' played tunes.

IF U2 were to take this type of approach, it could lead to hearing "Mofo", "Gone" and/or "Last Night On Earth".
  6. I just have a feeling that theres a Pop revival on next tour. The Mofo soundcheck in 05, those thumping Discotheques, Gone would easily be dusted off also.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:I just have a feeling that theres a Pop revival on next tour. The Mofo soundcheck in 05, those thumping Discotheques, Gone would easily be dusted off also.

I would love that!! Bring back Last Night on Earth too, that'd be nice
  8. If You Wear That Velvet Dress would be an interesting addition to any show. I wonder why they just don't accept Pop as an unfinished masterpiece.
  9. Originally posted by drewhiggins:If You Wear That Velvet Dress would be an interesting addition to any show. I wonder why they just don't accept Pop as an unfinished masterpiece.

They need to get out of denial lol (I agree on IYWTVD, would be great to hear that again )
  10. We had a ZooTV-encore last tour, why not a PopMart-encore? Opening with Mofo/Discotheque, LNOE and ending with Gone...maybe also Please...
  11. Mofo has to come back. How can it go from regular show opener to discard so quickly. It has not been played live since Pop-Mart, and that is a crime.
  12. Originally posted by notcomingdown:Mofo has to come back. How can it go from regular show opener to discard so quickly. It has not been played live since Pop-Mart, and that is a crime.

Amen. Although I've unfortunately never been able to witness it myself, it must have been an absolute life spectacle. Most people don't agree with me that Pop was perfect the way they released it, but I believe everybody thinks it rocked live. Songs like Mofo, Last Night on Earth, Discothèque, Gone and Please deserve to be at least rotated in the encore. Miami rocked live as well, but It's a very long shot that they'll play that. They should also give Staring at the Sun (electric with full band) and If You Wear That Velvet Dress (à la Vegas opening show) another shot, but I don't see that happening as well