1. Originally posted by drewhiggins:
    It does make me wonder: if they had released the songs from the sessions that they thought were better, would they still be playing the songs live, and not distance themselves away from it?

Do you really think they've been trying to distance themselves from it?

Afterall Pop was well represented on Elevation (Discotheque, Staring, Gone, Wake Up, Please all got a guernsey).

I can see where you're coming from with Vertigo though. It was all but ignored with its only track - Discothque - featured just twice.

I'd love a Pop-style Encore set, ala what they did with ZooTV on Vertigo.
  2. I was thinking about Vertigo. Apart from Miss Sarajevo, One, Zoo Station, The Fly, The First Time, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses and Until The End of The World, the majority of the 1990s was just forgotten on the tour - which is sad, considering two of their better albums of the last twenty years were ignored.

It was a snippet or two of If You Wear That Velvet Dress, two Discotheques, a few Please snippets and nothing else from Pop. Not much at all.

3. Thanks! I used the POPMart mix
  4. We should get them to rerecord POP already, especially since the new album seems to be a return to the AB sound (at least partly).
  5. Originally posted by vanquish:We should get them to rerecord POP already, especially since the new album seems to be a return to the AB sound (at least partly).

Perhaps somebody could start up a ballot (Isn't this how Slane was released?)
  6. Originally posted by u2spear:Best Songs Of POP:

1. Do You Feel Loved
    2. Discotheque
    3. If God Will Send His Angels
    4. Last Night On Earth
    5. Staring At The Sun
    6. Gone
    7. Please
    8. Mofo
    9. If Your Wear That Velvet Dress
    (All these are brilliant!!!!)

10. Miami
    11. The Playboy Mansion
    (these are not!!!)

They should have swapped Miami and The Playboy Mansion for:

Happiness Is A Warm Gun and
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me Kill Me!!

That would have been an absoloutly amazing album!!!

I agree mostly, Gone, Please, Mofo and Last Night On Earth could be better on the album though.

I hate Miami with a passion, it's not even b-side material, but I like parts of the Playboy Mansion.

7. We can write to the band, or start an e petition.

Pop is a diamond in the rough, just needs a bit of polish, to become a truly great U2 album.
  8. Originally posted by U2Nick:[image]

My own little POP re-work lol. The track listing is different too...

1) POP Muzik [1]
    2) Mofo [2]
    3) Discotheque
    4) Do You Feel Loved
    5) If God Will Send His Angels
    6) Staring At The Sun [3]
    7) Last Night On Earth [3]
    8) Gone [3]
    9) Holy Joe [4]
    10) Miami
    11) Please [3]
    12) If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    13) Wake Up Dead Man

1 - Cut out at 5:41
    2 - Cut in at 0:00:27.6
    3 - "New" / "Mike Hedge's" / "Single" Mix
    4 - Garage Mix

Everything without a number I left alone, because it was fine the way it is.

EDIT: Discotheque - Rock 2000 Mix (Found on the Strawberry Fruitleg)

9. yoooooo !

Since I posted this post ... i've continued and continued listening to it, I think its my favorite U2 album =\

Last Night on Earth, Do you Feel Loved, If God would send his angels, and of course, Discotheque are so mystical and powerfull songs : |

love this peace of art ...
  10. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

We can write to the band, or start an e petition.

Pop is a diamond in the rough, just needs a bit of polish, to become a truly great U2 album.

No way. Some things should not be touched. Pop is one of those few things.

11. I'm agreeing with Drew on this one. I love Pop just the way it is.

12. If it ends up like the new Best Of mixes, it's gonna sell worse in the new form than it did originally. Hopefully the remasters have demos from that era, then we can judge for ourselves exactly what Pop was to sound like.