1. THIS (pic below) being the Yamaha AE2000:

2. Picture request:

Hae you any Pop Mart era pictures of The Edge with the orange Fernandes guitar or the sea foam green? Both were used for "Discotheque", "..Velvet Dress" and "With Or Without You"

Here's Edge using the orange one at the dress rehearsal for Elevation tour...

I need some large pictures of either and any clear close-ups. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!
  3. Sorry I can't help with the guitar pics Jeff...

...however, I just got a couple of questions if you're feeling in the mood

Firstly - I haven't watched it in a while, but I remember on the PopMart DVD, Edge played SBS and then BTBS on a Les Paul, but can't remember whether it was the goldtop or one of the '75?

Secondly - do you know what amps. Edge uses?
  4. Originally posted by WojBhoySorry I can't help with the guitar pics Jeff...

...however, I just got a couple of questions if you're feeling in the mood

Firstly - I haven't watched it in a while, but I remember on the PopMart DVD, Edge played SBS and then BTBS on a Les Paul, but can't remember whether it was the goldtop or one of the '75?

Secondly - do you know what amps. Edge uses?

SBS and BTBS were the 1983 Gibson Les Paul 30th Anniversary Goldtop.

BS:

BTBS:

Amps vary from tour to tour. 1960's era VOX AC30's are a mainstay.

For Vertigo tour:
    VERTIGO TOUR - AMPLIFIERS:

Per Dallas Schoo interview Nov 2006
    ON-STAGE:
    Vox - AC30TB - 1964 (# 1 main amp)
    Vox - AC30TB - 1962
    Fender - Deluxe - 1958
    Fender - Deluxe - 1957
    Fender - Deluxe - 1959

BEHIND RIG:
    Fender - Deluxe - 1959
    Vox - AC30TB - 1965
    Vox - AC30TB - 1963 (Vox in a Box)
  5. Picture request:

I still need either some good close ups or really big pics of the orange Fernandes guitar or the sea foam green? Both were used for "Discotheque", "..Velvet Dress" and "With Or Without You". Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pics of guitars in question below... as mentioned I need some bigger one's and better resolution. Thanks.

6. Originally posted by thefly07: anyone know what the sound is before Adam kicks in? at first I thought it might be a guitar, but now i'm thinking its a sequence of some kind? regardless, i love it

The screaching intro to "Gone"? Edge refers to that as the 747 sound. And that is pretty much what it sounds like - a jet engine/siren.

Per Sept 1997 Guitar World and Flood... "It's him using his Korg SDD 3000 delay heavily feedback and then going through a couple of different fuzz pedals and a Whammy pedal. One of the fuzz pedals was a "Fuzz Face". He used a semi-acoustic guitar - either an Epiphone or a Gretsch with that setup to get that sound."

So while Flood isn't 100% sure on the guitar, chances are it was either the Gibson ES330 or one of the two Gretsch Country Gents that Edge was using around that time. (One was either a 1964 or 1965 [seen it quoted by either vintage] and the other was a 1967 Country Gent.)

When playing it live, Edge activates it on a sequencer. But per Dallas, Edge remakes the sequnces for certain things ever few shows.
  7. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979Originally posted by thefly07: anyone know what the sound is before Adam kicks in? at first I thought it might be a guitar, but now i'm thinking its a sequence of some kind? regardless, i love it

The screaching intro? Edge refers to that as the 747 sound. And that is pretty much what it sounds like - a jet engine/siren.

Per Sept 1997 Guitar World and Flood... "It's him using his Korg SDD 3000 delay heavily feedback and then going through a couple of different fuzz pedals and a Whammy pedal. One of the fuzz pedals was a "Fuzz Face". He used a semi-acoustic guitar - either an Epiphone or a Gretsch with that setup to get that sound."

So while Flood isn't 100% sure on the guitar, chances are it was either the Gibson ES330 or one of the two Gretsch Country Gents that Edge was using around that time. (One was either a 1964 or 1965 [seen it quoted by either vintage] and the other was a 1967 Country Gent.)

When playing it live, Edge activates it on a sequencer. But per Dallas, Edge remakes the sequnces for certain things ever few shows.

What song is that for though? Granted, it's something c. Pop or before, but I can't find the original question, and I'm interested as to what song we're referring to lol!

EDIT - don't worry, just seen the "Gone tab" topic
  8. Harry, other than your Les Paul what are you playing through? (Effects and amp-wise)
  9. Anyone out there chasing Adams tone?Maybe i can help.The equipment i use is Ashdown ABM 900 Pre Amp,ABM 4x10" and a 1x15" cabinets.American made Fender Jazz strung with DR Sunbeams and i also use Blue Herdim picks when required.

My amp settings are.Bass 12 oclock,Middle 2.30,Treble 12.30.Slider 1 Flat.Slider 2 +2,Slider 3 +3,Slider 4 +.5.I have the drive set at 1 oclock,input 11.30 and output 11.My gear is very similar to what adam is using also.

From there i only ever change the pickup adjustments on my bass.For finger played songs i back off the Bridge pickup about 1/3 with the neck pickup on full and set tone at half.For pick played songs i have Bridge pickup on full and back off the neck pickup about 1/4 with tone on 1/2 way mark.

If anyone else does anything alse please let me know so i can try it also.The big part of Adams tone comes from the Ashdowns.I wish i could add a Line 6 XT Pro like Adam uses but my funds don't allow it at the moment.

Also if anyone has close ups of any of Adams gear please post so i can check them out.
  10. Originally posted by scottoAnyone out there chasing Adams tone?Maybe i can help.The equipment i use is Ashdown ABM 900 Pre Amp,ABM 4x10" and a 1x15" cabinets.American made Fender Jazz strung with DR Sunbeams and i also use Blue Herdim picks when required.

My amp settings are.Bass 12 oclock,Middle 2.30,Treble 12.30.Slider 1 Flat.Slider 2 +2,Slider 3 +3,Slider 4 +.5.I have the drive set at 1 oclock,input 11.30 and output 11.My gear is very similar to what adam is using also.

From there i only ever change the pickup adjustments on my bass.For finger played songs i back off the Bridge pickup about 1/3 with the neck pickup on full and set tone at half.For pick played songs i have Bridge pickup on full and back off the neck pickup about 1/4 with tone on 1/2 way mark.

If anyone else does anything alse please let me know so i can try it also.The big part of Adams tone comes from the Ashdowns.I wish i could add a Line 6 XT Pro like Adam uses but my funds don't allow it at the moment.

Also if anyone has close ups of any of Adams gear please post so i can check them out.

I'd suggest looking at pics of Adam playing. What are the settings on his bass guitars. That might help some.

It helps to see some of the volume and tone knob options that he's using.

Same for his amps.

As for the POD... look at the Behringer vAmp rack modules. Good quality but cheaper than Line 6
  11. That photo where he's got the Lakland,is that from Elevation or Vertigo?
  12. Originally posted by scottoThat photo where he's got the Lakland,is that from Elevation or Vertigo?

the close up of the Lakland is from Vertigo.

Elevation he used Bob Glaub models (looks like Fender Precision bass) and Joe Osbourne model (similar to a Fender Jazz)

Other than the Fenders, (Vertigo tour) Adam had (4) Darryl Jones model Laklands. Again, similar to Jazz Bass in pickup configuration but a bit more flair to the body. There were (2) natural finish, the metallic teal and the metallic gold.