1. From the pics it looks like he uses the necj pick up full and the bridge on about half and the tone almost full. Most people uses Jazz Basses with all on full.
  2. Originally posted by thechickenFrom the pics it looks like he uses the necj pick up full and the bridge on about half and the tone almost full. Most people uses Jazz Basses with all on full.

Adam ain't ordinary. You seen that piccy on the cover of Achtung Baby! Hahahaha
  3. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Adam ain't ordinary. You seen that piccy on the cover of Achtung Baby! Hahahaha

Haha, definitely not ordinary. I imagine the trouble his tech has to llet the knobs that way...or maybe Adam just turns until it sounds good to him. He doesn't seem to be that worried about tone.
  4. Originally posted by thechicken[..]

Haha, definitely not ordinary. I imagine the trouble his tech has to llet the knobs that way...or maybe Adam just turns until it sounds good to him. He doesn't seem to be that worried about tone.

When you said 'knob' you meant on the bass, right? hahahahaha

Sorry. Couldn't resist
  5. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

When you said 'knob' you meant on the bass, right? hahahahaha

Sorry. Couldn't resist

Yes...what's so funny?

EDIT: I got that now
  6. Originally posted by thechicken[..]

Yes...what's so funny?

EDIT: I got that now
    [/quote

off with the horns and on with the show...
  7. More on the Darryl Jones Lakland vs Joe Osborne Lakland... What is the difference?

The Darryl Jones Signature bass looks similar to the Lakland Osborn models, but has more curve to its contouring and dramatic cutaways that add to its vintage styling. Darryl personally selected a pair of passive j-bass pickups designed by Aero Instrument. Three knobs control the tone: Bridge Volume, Neck Volume and Tone.
  8. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979More on the Darryl Jones Lakland vs Joe Osborne Lakland... What is the difference?

The Darryl Jones Signature bass looks similar to the Lakland Osborn models, but has more curve to its contouring and dramatic cutaways that add to its vintage styling. Darryl personally selected a pair of passive j-bass pickups designed by Aero Instrument. Three knobs control the tone: Bridge Volume, Neck Volume and Tone.

Pretty much simply jazz copies...the curves don't affect the timbre. The pick ups affect a lot, so there may be a difference there.
  9. Originally posted by thechicken[..]

Pretty much simply jazz copies...the curves don't affect the timbre. The pick ups affect a lot, so there may be a difference there.

I don't know that the slight difference in curves or wood wouldn't have some effect. How big of a difference, it would be worth an A/B comparison.

The shape and density of wood can not be under-estimated in it's effect on tone.

But yes, the Osborne and Jones Lakland's are essentially Jazz style basses but with modern touches, I suppose.
  10. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

I don't know that the slight difference in curves or wood wouldn't have some effect. How big of a difference, it would be worth an A/B comparison.

The shape and density of wood can not be under-estimated in it's effect on tone.

But yes, the Osborne and Jones Lakland's are essentially Jazz style basses but with modern touches, I suppose.

I think it was the Orsborne model the one used on the elevation tour? with the natural finish? Ohh, that one sounds sooooooooooo good on Slane...on Boston it is nothing special...these recordings are not a good way to get to know the sound os a particular instrument. But if it sounds like on Slane on the "real life" it is miles ahead of the fenders.
  11. Originally posted by thechicken[..]

I think it was the Orsborne model the one used on the elevation tour? with the natural finish? Ohh, that one sounds sooooooooooo good on Slane...on Boston it is nothing special...these recordings are not a good way to get to know the sound os a particular instrument. But if it sounds like on Slane on the "real life" it is miles ahead of the fenders.

The Lakland Joe Osborn was used during the Elevation tour. As was the Precision-like Lakland Bob Glaub model.

BOB GLAUB MODEL / SPECS
    http://www.lakland.com/basses/glaub.htm

Adam with his Bob Glaub model

JOE OSBORN MODEL / SPECS
    http://www.lakland.com/basses/osborn.htm

Adam with his Joe Osborn model

DARRYL JONES MODEL / SPECS
    http://www.lakland.com/basses/jones.htm

Adam playing his metallic teal Darryl Jones

Hi Jeffrey,

For the 2005 "Vertigo Tour" Adam is using four US Made Daryl Jones models:

(2) - Natural Jones with custom black blacks and no binding w/ maple necks.

(1) - Teal Green Metallic Jones with custom abalone blocks and no binding w/ maple neck.

(1) - Gold Jones with custom abalone blocks w/maple neck [Adam hasn't taken delivery of this one yet].

During the Elevation 2001 Tour, Adams used the following:
    (2) US made, Joe Osborn signature models - one sunburst, one natural
    (1) US made, Bob Glaub signature – natural finish.

Thanks.
    Dan

12. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979Harry, other than your Les Paul what are you playing through? (Effects and amp-wise)

Some old crappy Yamaha amp., don't know the wattage though - my brother got it about 10+ years ago when he bought his Yamaha Strat. (it was part of a starter pack thing), and it's not too shabby but compared to decent amps, it's pretty weedy. I'm also using a Zoom G1X multi-effects box with expression pedal, it's not great but it does the trick for now