1. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE DRUMS. THE PICCY BELOW IS MY FAVORITE OF LARRY'S DRUM KITS... THE POPMART MAIN STAGE YAMAHA 30TH ANNIVERSARY MAPLE CUSTOM KIT.

Bass drum was sparkle gold. Rack tom sparkle red. Floor toms were both a blue/silver fade sparkle and in true Larry form... he left the Brady snare drum in natural SheOak finish. LOVELY kit.

2. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

[image]

This one!! awesome!
  3. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979
    Originally posted by thechicken[..]

Yes...what's so funny?

EDIT: I got that now
    [/quote

off with the horns and on with the show...

you guys are sick (lol)...
  4. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979IT'S ALL ABOUT THE DRUMS. THE PICCY BELOW IS MY FAVORITE OF LARRY'S DRUM KITS... THE POPMART MAIN STAGE YAMAHA 30TH ANNIVERSARY MAPLE CUSTOM KIT.

Bass drum was sparkle gold. Rack tom sparkle red. Floor toms were both a blue/silver fade sparkle and in true Larry form... he left the Brady snare drum in natural SheOak finish. LOVELY kit.

[image]

I like the white one (sorry, don't know that much abt drums) used in the early days (right?) anyway, it was deffinately used on the Elevation & Vertigo tours

I couldn't help but notice the pics of Edge with his orange & green Fernandes. There is a purple one in a music store in my city... its purple, but still badass... (its 'badass' because of Edge playing one)

Edit: There is a purple one in a music store in my city... its a "Fender J Mascis Jazzmaster" sorry... here's a pic:

Edit (again): yay 600 posts
  5. Originally posted by U2Nick[..]

I like the white one (sorry, don't know that much abt drums) used in the early days (right?) anyway, it was deffinately used on the Elevation & Vertigo tours

I couldn't help but notice the pics of Edge with his orange & green Fernandes. There is a purple one in a music store in my city... its purple, but still badass... (its 'badass' because of Edge playing one)

Edit: There is a purple one in a music store in my city... its a "Fender J Mascis Jazzmaster" sorry... here's a pic:

[image]

Larry didnt' have white drums until his b-stage kit for Popmart.

Early days was the red Premier Olympic kit, that was a the Hall of Fame in 2003.
    Boy was a black 5 piece Tama Fibre Star kit with single headed toms.
    October was a black 4 piece Tama Fibre Star kit with single headed toms.
    War was the black Yamaha 9000 series kit.
    The Unforgettable Fire tour was a black Yamaha 9000 Series kit.
    The Joshua Tree and Love Town tours was yet another black kit, a Yamaha Turbo Tour series kit.
    Zoo tours... still black! A black Yamaha Maple Custom kit
    Popmart was the sparkle (different for each drum) 30th Anniversary Maple Custom kit. The B-stage was a white sparkle Yamaha 30th Anniversary Maple Custom kit
    Elevation was the white mica finish Yamaha Beech Custom
    and Vertigo... a white mica finish Yamaha Beech Custom Absolute

6. Originally posted by U2Nick[..]

[image]

The J Mascis Jazzmaster looks good. The Elvis Costello all walnut wood one looks AND sound great too. Saw Elvis play it a few weeks back when opening for The Police.
  7. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Larry didnt' have white drums until his b-stage kit for Popmart.

Why the hell did think I used it back in the Early days // Boy? (not a real question)
  8. Originally posted by U2Nick[..]

Why the hell did think I used it back in the Early days // Boy? (not a real question)

I dunno. I have seen one pic that looks like Larry is playing a white Premier kit but that was probably a loaner for a TV show. I'd have to investigate a bit more.

Larry is Larry and rarely changes. Haircuts or drum colours. For the bulk of U2's career it's been black and now white! They must have promises extra beer or something to get him to play the multi-sparkle Popmart main stage kit.

Larry, you out there? If that sparkle kit needs a home, I'd gladly take good care of it.
  9. Not sure how to post a picture to add to my message, but I've been trying to figure out which guitar they gave me when I played 'Party Girl' in Dublin in 2005.....can someone assist me in uploading it, and then hopefully identify the guitar? Also, for any guitar players out there, are there any resources for effects and settings to play U2 songs? Ie, which delay should I use for Bad, distortion for UTTEOTW, all that stuff. I'm novice at best, but being a Mac guy I've got GarageBand at my disposal....which is a fantastic program, and has an immeasureable amount of guitar settings at my disposal. Thanks all!

mattfromcanada
  10. Just realised that you can see the guitar in my Avatar! If that helps!
  11. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Larry is Larry and rarely changes. Haircuts or drum colours. For the bulk of U2's career it's been black and now white! They must have promises extra beer or something to get him to play the multi-sparkle Popmart main stage kit.

Guees they probally had lots of extra liquor after Adam stooped drinking.

12. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

The J Mascis Jazzmaster looks good. The Elvis Costello all walnut wood one looks AND sound great too. Saw Elvis play it a few weeks back when opening for The Police.

It looks pretty nice. Fender's just come out with new Jazzmaster and Jaguar models that are a little bit more affordable. What are your thoughts on each? (I apologize I may have asked this already)