1. saw them in 2001 Lansdown Rd (Aviva Stadium) for the Shoulder Of Giants Tour Bono was in the boxes

2. My favourite period of the bands for me!

'Who feels love' is a classic!
  3. My favourite era are first 3 albums, but my fav song is Gas Panic - especially live
  4. Have seen them live 8 times between 2000 and 2009 all in Dublin, three shows stand out - Landsdown Road 2000, Point depot in 2003 (second night) and Slane castle 2009 was just biblical. Worthy mention to Witness festival in 2002 aswell
  5. First Saw them in 1995 on Irvine Beach under a tent . Till this day still the best concert i have seen
  6. For me some of their music hasn't aged well it feels part of the Brit pop era which at time had some great music but I just don't find myself wanting to go back and listen to it maybe I over dosed on it .I'd listen to bands before that era and even after it , however I do like Noel's and Liam's solo stuff .
  7. I love 'Wall of Glass' great track!

Did it do any well in the UK?

Cant get into Noel's scissors wielding solo band however! For me Liams solo band nail the O A S I S tracks with more punch and authenticity, helps having the best 'power chords' guitar player to ever live, Bonehead along occasionally for the ride i guess!
  8. Originally posted by DanialGowans:I love 'Wall of Glass' great track!

Cant get into Noel's scissors wielding solo band however! For me Liams solo band nail the O A S I S tracks with more punch and authenticity, helps having the best 'power chords' guitar player to ever live, Bonehead along occasionally for the ride i guess!
    cant agree more about Bonehead, seen Liam in Dublin late last year and Bonehead played with him on oasis tracks really filled out the sound made it seem punchier
  9. Originally posted by DanialGowans:I love 'Wall of Glass' great track!

At least Noel writes his own songs Liam needs a song writing team who try to make him sound like John Lennon.
  10. Correct you are POPMARTER !

However!

Let me state i take no side in the siblings bickering.

They are both equal part dickhead,

i will say that had only one brother been in OASIS? The band wasn't going anywhere mildly interesting past being a solid pub band.

Throw them in together and OASIS went on to briefly become the biggest band on the planet*

*Admittedly while our boys , U2 where mid album releases and dreaming about building a mirrorball Lemon and deciding to embracing 'consumerism'.

For mine the vocal evolution of the band went like this:

Circa 1993 and Liam had a voice sent to earth from heaven during this same period Noel couldn't sing LIVE if his life depended on it. It didn't come naturally to him like it did his brother.

Roll on to 1999 the combination of a non stop jam packed touring schedule throw in 3 amazing albums and countless studio time and way to much of the old DEVILS DANDRUFF all had taken its toll on Liams vocal range , he could still sing he just couldn't hit those higher notes live.

It's at this point you begin to hear Noels vocals live, filling in Liams thinning vocal range. Noel i believe, actually had vocal coaching and learnt how be a better vocalist... almost by necessity! Liams ego would have ever prevented him from doing the same thing.

This carried the band thru until around 2002 when it was very apparent that Liam was struggling vocally live. By this stage Noel had become a proficient singer and found his groove vocally, denting his brothers inflated ego along the way.

By 2005 the writing was on the wall for the band. Liam started to begrudgingly accept the fact that he was now struggling with his vocals. if you listen to any post 2005 live gig he was shouting NOT singing and Noel's vocals became as crucial live more than ever. I swear at times, 4 years before they officially called it quits Noel was looking across at Liam thinking of an exit strategy.

I think this is the main reason Noel is not keen on a reunion, not because he cant stand Liam ( they have been that towards each other way right thru OASIS's time in the limelight ) but because he truly knows deep down down that Liam sounds nothing like the early to mid OASIS and the vocal bar was set pretty fucking high, add to that the bulk of the bands smash hits came from that period.

By the same measure for the past 3 years Liam has learnt to adjust his vocal range and look after what vocal ability he still has and he CAN still sing.

As for just being a vocalist , there are plenty of iconic singers who barely wrote a line in any songs they ended up belting out. They hired a team of writers / producers to canvas and sure while the royalty cheques are no where near as fat equally there is NO shame in working like this.
    [
    Liam seems to unfairly cop shit for this.

Had Noel stopped being a control freak for longer than 10mins back in 2001/2002 by supporting and encouraging Liam to pen a few songs that eventually gave birth to a handful of great tunes one of them being SONGBIRD and who knows , things could turned a great deal differently.

11. accidental double post please delete ...
  12. Arghh sorry guys , something whacky happening with the site tonight , some times hitting the right button produces the wrong outcome like a double double post