1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah I could tell the excitement in the audience, and it's a massive song even if you play it with a glockenspiel and a clarinet. I just wished they took it more seriously and have Dave sing it. I love the song and I was honestly offended by that cover
    Dave just can’t stop offending people this year!
  2. Yes for sure!! He’s the greatest. Man, I’m not the biggest foo fan but that night was really something else. It truly felt like the end of the pandemic that might. The crowd was absolutely insane. Minimal phone usage, even the ushers were excited to be back.
  3. I’ve yet to see these guys but I think I’ll get myself a ticket next time they are in my area - assuming that happens at some point!
  4. Originally posted by LostSailor:I like the Foos; especially Wasting Light and some of their deeper cuts as mentioned in my post earlier in this thread. I an kind of over seeing them live though since Dave Grohl ruins the momentum of some songs by shouting "listen up mfers" or "are you ready mfers?"or "lets go mfers" throughout a song. The language doesn't bother me as much as the monotony and totally killing a song's momentum? Is there anyyone else here who has seen the Foos live or on video and can relate to what I am referring to?

Seen them several times starting in 97..I personally love how they've evolved, and I love Dave's energy..good on them for having fun, I say. You don't do to a Foos show for a serious Bono speech 🤣🤣
  5. Almost certainly fly in, do the show and announce another tour to happen at the end of the year
  6. RIP Taylor Hawkins, such a sad and shocking loss. He was a great drummer and seemed like a great guy in general. Thoughts are with his family and friends, terrible news.
  7. Really sad news… a true legend, amazing drummer. A massive loss.
  8. Just read it. Shocking and sad. Rest in peace
  9. Wow. Shocking news. Condolences to his family and all you fans.
  10. Just shocked to see that notification when I woke up. Taylor was just such a great drummer, always acknowledging other timeless drummers and musicians in the process: Queen, Sabbath, Zeppelin, U2. He had great admiration for Larry Mullen. There's a quote about how he met him and told Larry how much of an inspiration he was. There's a video somewhere of Taylor playing Sunday Bloody Sunday and saying how great a drum beat it is.

I loved Taylor's playing, his versatility. Wasting Light got me hooked when it came out – the raw sound really spotlights his playing. Even played for Alanis Morisette on her Jagged Little Pill tour, when Grohl noticed his talents.

I don't what to say – very sad.