1. Though this thread is well over 2 years old. I missed out on all the fun... Anyway thanks to all for making this amazing list.
  2. If I am not mistaken the song entitled Sinatra which was a song during the Achtung Baby/Zooropa sessions became Stay(faraway so close). Correct me I am wrong
  3. Hi,

Goldeneye is missing, a demo at least by Bono & Edge exists. To my knowledge "Be There" is an outtake from War, not from Pop. I had a version of it in the very early 90ies if I remember right.

There is an outtake from "Love Comes Tumblin" with different lyrics and a version of "Wire" that was only officially released on an NME 4 track 7".Maybe it's the bonus track dub mix on the deluxe release of UF?

Tom
  4. Glad to see that the thread has been brought to life again.
    The King's New Clothes and Glad To See You Go are 2 more demos from the early era. They were both played in Cork, 79-10-05.
  5. Also, from Achtung Baby (Hansa sessions)
    Jitterbug Baby
    Sweet Baby Jane
    Montgomery's visit
    Take Today
    Sunset in Colors
    I Feel Free
    Morning Child
    Going Down South
  6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Glad to see that the thread has been brought to life again.
    The King's New Clothes and Glad To See You Go are 2 more demos from the early era. They were both played in Cork, 79-10-05.

Glad to See You Go is Ramones song
  7. Oh, thank you!
  8. Hi,

Goldeneye is missing, a demo at least by Bono & Edge exists. To my knowledge "Be There" is an outtake from War, not from Pop. I had a version of it in the very early 90ies if I remember right.

There is an outtake from "Love Comes Tumblin" with different lyrics and a version of "Wire" that was only officially released on an NME 4 track 7".Maybe it's the bonus track dub mix on the deluxe release of UF?

Tom

Hey now Tom. I published this list around six years ago initially (wow, has it been that long!!!) so my knowledge of demos / outtakes etc was pretty limited. I always thought Be There was a Pop and War demo, and I did have a copy of Be There too, sourced from the U2hub all those years ago.

That Love Comes Tumbling 'alternate' version was also with two instrumentals (not sure what they were), a Wire (can't remember which particular version) and a Sunday Bloody Sunday demo with different drums and lyrics. That was all in one set. If you know any more I'd be grateful for any further info. As for Goldeneye, I knew of that one but it's a Bono + Edge demo only as you say...so it's not really a 'U2' song itself per se. That said, I included Spiderman songs which are B+E songs...hmmm. Anyone to contest that?

If I am not mistaken the song entitled Sinatra which was a song during the Achtung Baby/Zooropa sessions became Stay(faraway so close). Correct me I am wrong

No correction needed.

Also, from Achtung Baby (Hansa sessions)
    Jitterbug Baby
    Sweet Baby Jane
    Montgomery's visit
    Take Today
    Sunset in Colors
    I Feel Free
    Morning Child
    Going Down South

All added except Montgomery's Visit as I think it was just a fan-title and nothing more. If something I see is a fan-title and not official (though technically those above 6-7 songs are fan-titles too), they're good enough until 'proven guilty' or 'innocent'.

I'll update this thread with a couple of new things - as it seems to need an update!!! Thanks to all who've contributed and added bits here and there, it's a fantastic little resource.
  9. You've done a fantastic job mantaining this list for the last +6 years (as you say, it's been too long!)............

.........now what about a full download of all those tracks? haha
  10. ^ Ha! I wish.

Hopefully we'll hear more possible titles to get this list to a massive amount.
  11. now if someone can go through and post what's in circulation and not that would be great too.. this is one area of the springsteen fansites that kills the u2 ones.. all the demos and unreleased tracks from the album sessions floating around out there
  12. I can only agree. God, how I hate hoarders!