1. Also, surprised to see Ed Sheeran pull out a complete (and very complete!) run of US stadiums... I wonder if he'll sell out any. Tickets ain't cheap, for sure!
  2. Are you kidding me I've gotta go to a fucking Ed Sheeran concert to see these guys now?

One of the last times I saw SP, Ed Sheeran wasn't even listed on the bill, and opened THEIR show for like 20 minutes before the real opener went on. Funny how things change.
  3. Originally posted by MattG:Are you kidding me I've gotta go to a fucking Ed Sheeran concert to see these guys now?

One of the last times I saw SP, Ed Sheeran wasn't even listed on the bill, and opened THEIR show for like 20 minutes before the real opener went on. Funny how things change.
    You mean you saw Ed opening for Snow Patrol because SP's opener wasn't there?
  4. Yeah... Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta? Unless they have the sound worked out for concerts there by then, I'll be taking a pass on that...
  5. No, the opener was there, it was just sort of a "late add" kind of thing. So the show was supposed to start at 8PM, and here comes this dorky little guy in a hoodie at 7:40 who just starts laying down these acoustic tracks.

The one thing I know he did play at the time was "The A Team" because I remember him finishing the song and me thinking, "that is a fucking great song". But he absolutely had not broken out as a charting artist yet.

I've got a picture of me and him standing in the parking lot after the show somewhere, I'll try to find it.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:Also, surprised to see Ed Sheeran pull out a complete (and very complete!) run of US stadiums... I wonder if he'll sell out any. Tickets ain't cheap, for sure!
    I'm pretty sure he's sold out the majority of his world tour. His UK tour sold out in a minute. Unreal.
  7. Still plenty of tickets left on TicketMaster. Shows very rarely actually "sell out" now a days
  8. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    No, the opener was there, it was just sort of a "late add" kind of thing. So the show was supposed to start at 8PM, and here comes this dorky little guy in a hoodie at 7:40 who just starts laying down these acoustic tracks.

The one thing I know he did play at the time was "The A Team" because I remember him finishing the song and me thinking, "that is a fucking great song". But he absolutely had not broken out as a charting artist yet.

I've got a picture of me and him standing in the parking lot after the show somewhere, I'll try to find it.
    This. I remember videos in the earlier snow patrol days where Gary and Ed would get shitfaced together and videos would pop up of Gary and Ed dancing / hanging around eachother tonstand upright and giggle like a couple of choirboys/schoolgirls. Ed absolutely used to be opening for Snow Patrol?!
  9. Boring
  10. Perhaps. It has purpose and meaning though. I will persist. I feel this is an album that has saw Gary fight his demons. Hopefully the next one sees him more joyful.
  11. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    No, the opener was there, it was just sort of a "late add" kind of thing. So the show was supposed to start at 8PM, and here comes this dorky little guy in a hoodie at 7:40 who just starts laying down these acoustic tracks.

Hahaha this is a brilliant story, dude! When was this? I guess around 2010-11?

I feel bad for hijacking the thread, but I still haven't had the chance to listen to The Wildness in full so I can't give an opinion on it just yet!