1. GOOD TIMES IN CHARLOTTE

[Performance]

Average but the band is getting the hang of things. There’s not much to say about this show really. The band had bar standard performances, and rocked through the older stuff. The real highlight for me was Bono singing ‘still running’ at the start of the synth of Streets. For those of you who loved the Joshua Tree performances of Running to Stand Still, this one you will love. They didn’t use the MLK thing during Pride, which made the song the short quick rocker that made it so great. Still Haven’t Found cuts out, which is a shame because they were doing so well with it. They changed Ultraviolet to the same way it is in the studio instead of the delayed joining of instruments, something I thought was cool to hear. With or Without You rocked, and LIB (which rocked and was cut) closed a fun show.

[Audience]

They were LOUD. There weren’t many interruptions, but in the end they added so much to the show.

[Sound]

A decent recording with one or two glitches, audible though.

[Overall]

They fixed up Even Better than the Real Thing and Ultraviolet, moves that just had to be done. In my opinion it would have been fun to hear them get Ultraviolet right the guitar-lead way. Where the Streets Have No Name, Still Haven’t Found and LIB are the highlights here. Streets is a must hear for anyone who loves RTSS from the JT tour.
  2. LIGHT MY WAY ATLANTA

[Performance]

Zoo Station was amazing, the best I’ve heard from the tour so far. Edge messed up the guitar parts for EBTTRT, but Bono did some stuff to save it once more. I think it’s safe to say most of the performances were amazing or above average. I love how the band joined in a tad late on Pride, it made it sound kinda cooler. The show was pretty much flawless other than that. I must say though, it’s an amazing listen, probably the best bootleg I’ve heard so far from the 1st leg of the tour.

[Audience]

Can’t really be heard, but they do add their presence in the recording.

[Sound]

This needs to be upped to 4.5 stars; this recording is amazing and nearly flawless!

[Overall]

If you really want to hear what a raw performance of Zoo TV sounded like, here it is. This has to be the best bootleg I’ve heard from the leg so far, and it’s a must have for anyone who loves Zoo TV. The outstanding number was Zoo Station, and the rest of the show followed suit with awesomeness. The other reviewer here makes it sound if The Fly was ‘ruined’. This is not true because Bono rushes the lyrics in the 1st chorus. Had he messed up I would’ve made it known
  3. ROCKIN IN HAMPTON

[Performance]

The amazing thing about this show is you get to hear the synths somewhat better than the other shows, something I didn’t really understand throughout the show but amazing nonetheless. So it starts with Zoo Station, as usual. Then…WHAT? Yes, Even Better than the Real Thing was the 2nd number. They follow with Mysterious Ways, and then they get into The Fly. Then One, then the rest of the set as normal. The rest of the show went normal. Running to Stand Still was phenomenal. I think Bono didn’t want to strain his voice so he spoke-sung the 1st verse of Streets. The rest of the show was amazing. What more can I say?

[Audience]

The audience continues to be a welcome addition to these shows, with some talking for like a brief second but it doesn’t ruin the show.

[Sound]

The sound isn’t as good as the previous night but it’s up there.

[Overall]

Another excellent show from the boys. The start of the show was shuffled a little as well. Highlights include RTSS and the Encore.
  4. Originally posted by stj0691:LAUGHING GAS IN MIAMI

[Performance]

[Audience]

[Sound]

It sounded lossy, there were glitches everywhere, it’s a horrible recording but it’s still something.

[Overall]

Hey, I am just passing by to tell you that I have uploaded the lossless version of this show

5. I did not notice the passers by
    And they did not notice me...

6. That's awesome! Definitely would be an improvement to the listening experience!
  7. Amazingly good shows. Just downloaded about 6 and they are without doubt the best American gigs the band ever staged imo.

8. Miami, Boston and Tacoma are not less great than Milan or any of the greatest. Streets, Ultraviolet, Pride, Until The End Of The WOrld.... all of them sounded strongest than ever.
  9. I'm completely in love with how Bono sings the first verse of Streets in Boston. Very quiet and melodic, but no less powerful than usual. Can't get enough of that show, with a great Wild Horses too, and great sound. Gotta get a hold of some others of those early Zoo Tv gems.
  10. Originally posted by Takuan:I'm completely in love with how Bono sings the first verse of Streets in Boston. Very quiet and melodic, but no less powerful than usual. Can't get enough of that show, with a great Wild Horses too, and great sound. Gotta get a hold of some others of those early Zoo Tv gems.

Check London 92. He does more of Streets with that spoken lyric
  11. Just listened to it. It's different indeed, but there is much more melody in the Boston version. I don't know, the way Bono sings "I wanna tear down the walls that hold me inside", and how he stresses "inside", just gets me every time. Thanks for the tip though, I enjoyed the London show.
  12. Anyone know why a couple of the first Zoo TV shows ended after With Or Without You and why they didn't play Love Is Blindness?? Just experimenting as it was the start of the tour, or something else??