1. Would have been lovely indeed, but who knows what they have up their sleeves.
  2. I may be in the minority, but upon another listen of Pop, I think this should have never even been attempted live. I don't like it being used as a transition...the studio version is so perfectly intricate, the live versions ruin it. People loved it showing up, but I feel like this gem should have been completely untouched instead of butchered down to make an appearance not even half as long as the real song.

I feel semi-similar with IGWSHA. Either go balls out, or leave it.
  3. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:I may be in the minority, but upon another listen of Pop, I think this should have never even been attempted live. I don't like it being used as a transition...the studio version is so perfectly intricate, the live versions ruin it. People loved it showing up, but I feel like this gem should have been completely untouched instead of butchered down to make an appearance not even half as long as the real song.

I feel semi-similar with IGWSHA. Either go balls out, or leave it.

I don't agree with you at all. I'm the other way about. It was so much better live than it was studio. The live version is great but the studio version is so depressing and boring.
  4. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]

I don't agree with you at all. I'm the other way about. It was so much better live than it was studio. The live version is great but the studio version is so depressing and boring.

Used to think so too, about studio version- then today I cranked it in a quiet room and heard the intricacies. Beauty. Live, it felt like there was just some drone going on behind it that detracted from it.

5. A great and sexy Song
    I love the Versions at the Popmart times!
  6. I actually loved both the studio-version and the short live-version.
    First verse on the album is waay to quiet though, just as Exit.
  7. Not one of my favorite U2 songs by any means. It worked though live on Popmart, really created a "mood" that flowed perfectly into WOWY. Its a shame the Popcore never made it to a show on Vertigo, Velvet sounded as good as ever. Bono even remarked at the time that the transition was beautiful.
  8. Originally posted by Blue_Room:Not one of my favorite U2 songs by any means. It worked though live on Popmart, really created a "mood" that flowed perfectly into WOWY. Its a shame the Popcore never made it to a show on Vertigo, Velvet sounded as good as ever. Bono even remarked at the time that the transition was beautiful.

Agree agree and agree. It's a wonderful song and the transition into With Or Without You is one of the best moments on every Popmart bootleg. They even achieved what seemed impossible: to better the transtition between Lemon and WOWY!!
  9. Tonight...
    The moon is playing tricks again
    And I'm feeling sea sick again
    The WHOLE WORLD could just dissolve into a glass of water...

I have been good
    Cos I know you don't want me to
    Do you really want me to be blue as you?
    It's her daylight that gets me through...

We've been here before
    Last time you scratched at my door, (it seems like a lifetime away already)
    The moon was naked and cold
    I was like a two year old - just wanted more...

If you wear that velvet dress,
    if you wear that velvet dress
    if you wear that velvet dress...

Tonight...
    The moon has drawn its curtains
    It's a private show
    No one else gonna know
    I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant you

(♥)

Sunlight, sunlight fills my room
    It's SHARP and it's CLEAR
    But NOTHING at all like the moon

It's okay, and I really mean it's ok - don't insist
    The struggle for things not to say
    I never listened to you anyway (but I didn't want you to know it)
    And (believe it or not), I got my own hands to pray.

But if you wear that velvet dress,
    if you wear that velvet dress
    if you wear that velvet dress...

Tonight the moon is a mirrorball
    Light flickers from across the hall
    Who'll CATCH the star when he falls?

If you wear that velvet dress.
    If you wear that velvet dress...
  10. these times when a song hits you like a truckj... These times,..
  11. Rediscovered this song within the past year. I love it! The album version has a haunting ethereal quality to it. And I adore the Jools Holland version. Great song!
  12. One of my favorites actually! So good. Each version too.