1. So, I think the title says it all. If anyone's remotely interested, I'll start with Paul Newman (RIP) winning Best Actor for The Color Of Money in 1987. That was James Woods' for Salvador. Jesus, have you seen him. Nothing short of staggering...
  2. Well wtf was that last night
  3. This thread was waiting 13 years to make its triumphant comeback.
  4. He seemed fine at the “after party.”
  5. It’s quite a dilemma about the rights and wrongs of what happened. I don’t like what Will Smith did but if someone had a family member with a disability say and someone mocked them in front of you how would you react? Comedy is a fine line where if the joke is more generalised you can probably get away with more but mocking an individual when they and their family are in the building is maybe a step too far, particularly the subject matter. I think Chris Rock and Will Smith will both come out of this with bad press, already have actually.
  6. I hope that after this whole thing once and for all stupid jokes like this will be gone from serious award events...
  7. I gotta admit that I’m intrigued by all of this ( and a bit embarrassed that I’m intrigued).

Lots indeed to unpack…
    - Still wondering/investigating the affects (beyond hair loss) of alopecia. Are there other serious health risks with this disease or can it be likened to male pattern baldness? (yes, I did just go there)
    - Will stand up comedy ever be the same? So long to those celebrity roasts!
    - Does the fact that Jada posted an online video of herself shaving her head (and laughing it off) AND that WS initially laughed make a difference?

Good grief. Shame on me for giving a shit about all of this!
  8. Dude was laughing until he saw Jada was pissed

Will Smith is literally a beta cuck
  9. That’s a fair point. It did seem like the way it unfolded he was more trying to act the hard man rather than actually finding the joke offensive which makes any idea about looking out for family etc invalid. If someone said something about someone you loved that offended you your facial expression would change straight away and I suspect if you were angry enough to walk up to someone as a result it would be worse than a slap they would be getting so I don’t think he’s done it out of looking out for his wife/partner, it was about his own ego.
  10. I'm in Camp Smith. Yes, yes, violence is never the answer and his initial reaction complicates the situation, but mocking someone's medical condition in front of a massive audience is offensive and too many supposed comedians get away with it by blaming the victim - what, can't you take a joke? I say we call it a draw and move on; no sanctions or punishment for Smith. If he is to be admonished or punished then so should Rock. Despite the saying about sticks and stones, words can and do hurt.
  11. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I'm in Camp Smith. Yes, yes, violence is never the answer and his initial reaction complicates the situation, but mocking someone's medical condition in front of a massive audience is offensive and too many supposed comedians get away with it by blaming the victim - what, can't you take a joke? I say we call it a draw and move on; no sanctions or punishment for Smith. If he is to be admonished or punished then so should Rock. Despite the saying about sticks and stones, words can and do hurt.
    You want to punish Chris Rock? Fine. But Will Smith should definitely get some real consequences.