1. Originally posted by yeahThe same mush as the last two albums. Decent song, nothing special.

Clean your ears gentlemen.
  2. Originally posted by zooTV4all[..]

Clean your ears gentlemen.

Hahaha! Actually, I love ATYCLB and think that HTDAAB was pretty good. but I will agree that there's nothing special about Mercy....YET. Hopefully they make it better. Perhaps add some Moroccan instruments?
  3. great song!!!!!!love it!!!!
  4. definatley a few great great lyrics in there but it's not great. . . . .yet
  5. I'm sure the song will be big, epic.
  6. Mercy rocks my socks off, but i dont want it to be included on their next album as a main song, wanna have 12-ish completely new songs. Having it as a hidden track though will be great, and them performing it live.

I can't wait for their next tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gotta see them at least twice. Have a weekend away in a foreign country- fun times.
  7. *Another opinionated rant courtesy of Macphistfly*

Ok, i just don't understand the idea of this song not being put on the next album.
    Have you heard the under-par shit they put on HTDAAB? come on...a man and a woman...
    This song is to me, other hardcore U2 fans (and i'm sure, soon to be, millions of other people) a defining soundtrack to what U2 is about.

Look at the trademarks of classic, great U2 that surface in this song

*Epic Songwriting
    *Inventively yet minimally used Delay
    *Bono's lyrics in the voice of an almost noir character. "When i was rippin the stitches"// (a la the Wanderer)
    *Larry and Adam perfectly intertwined, driving up and releasing the chorus.
    *Howling Chorus
    *Sounds like its gonna go down fucking great in a stadium

(and more importantly than anything else)

*It has that indistinguishable feeling that it is just U2, that feeling of awe and wonder, the way the ground might be shaking, and the feeling in the room has changed.

*Rant ends here.

Although not finished, Mercy is a classic. And when given the final touch will be revered as so.
  8. Originally posted by Macphistfly*Another opinionated rant courtesy of Macphistfly*

Ok, i just don't understand the idea of this song not being put on the next album.
    Have you heard the under-par shit they put on HTDAAB? come on...a man and a woman...
    This song is to me, other hardcore U2 fans (and i'm sure, soon to be, millions of other people) a defining soundtrack to what U2 is about.

*Epic Songwriting
    *Bono's lyrics in the voice of an almost noir character. "When i was rippin the stitches"// (a la the Wanderer)
    *Howling Chorus

*It has that indistinguishable feeling that it is just U2, that feeling of awe and wonder, the way the ground might be shaking, and the feeling in the room has changed.

*Rant ends here.

Although not finished, Mercy is a classic. And when given the final touch will be revered as so.

I love you. Great post
  9. Originally posted by Macphistfly

I hope you're right, because IMO, it's not there yet.
  10. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

I hope you're right, because IMO, it's not there yet.

I'm glad it wasn't put on the bomb, they can definately better the original version.
    I personally would love to hear a bit more delay used more frontally in the song.
    The Lyrics need a few tweaks, but the soul of the song is...Titanium
  11. Originally posted by Macphistfly*Another opinionated rant courtesy of Macphistfly*

*Epic Songwriting
    *Howling Chorus

*Rant ends here.

Amen. Great opinions.
  12. I actually like it, BUT I'm not soooooo pasionate about its quality/songwriting/etc etc as you people seem to be. Anyway I love this post of Macphistfly:

Originally posted by MacphistflyLook at the trademarks of classic, great U2 that surface in this song

*Epic Songwriting
    *Howling Chorus

*Rant ends here.

Specially the final sentetnce deserves my absolute