1. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyOn youtube someone made a great video: [YouTube Video]
    It's really nice! As is the song!

2. Originally posted by robbie07[..]

i like the vid! its really cool.

my god this song has to be on the new album. ive been listening to it constantly for over the best part of a year now. i would KILL to hear it live.

Agree
  3. Originally posted by Macphistfly*Another opinionated rant courtesy of Macphistfly*

Ok, i just don't understand the idea of this song not being put on the next album.

what if it doesnt fit on the next album? what if the stuff they are working on now is different mercy just doesnt go along with it?

Although not finished, Mercy is a classic. And when given the final touch will be revered as so.

I have a feeling that whatever changes are made to the song, most of us that have heard the unfinished version for a while now will probably enjoy the unfinished version and not really enjoy the finished version as much. When it is released....there will be complaints and negative comments from fans......
  4. Originally posted by Guenther[..]

what if it doesnt fit on the next album? what if the stuff they are working on now is different mercy just doesnt go along with it?
    [..]

I have a feeling that whatever changes are made to the song, most of us that have heard the unfinished version for a while now will probably enjoy the unfinished version and not really enjoy the finished version as much. When it is released....there will be complaints and negative comments from fans......

maybe you´re right!!!!
  5. Originally posted by Guenther[..]

not to shower it with praise or anything but I loved the first radio edit of Window In The Skies. It was a lot more raw and energetic and I was excited about the release of U218 and the single so I could own it and have it in better quality. . . .then they changed it and turned it into a little fairy of a song
  6. I've relistened to Mercy just a min ago and I've realized HOW great it COULD be if Bono's voice was a bit better. He seems so tired as in all the songs of the Bomb.
  7. Originally posted by Guenther[..]

[..]

Did you not fully read what i wrote, it is a purely 'U2' song. They could throw it in anywhere and it would fit, or they could adjust and tweak certain things to make it fit better with the new sound. Thats the great thing about a classic it can fit in anywhere. And Bono has already declared it 'the best u2 song' and 'it will be on the next album" so we have nothing to worry about.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASongI've relistened to Mercy just a min ago and I've realized HOW great it COULD be if Bono's voice was a bit better. He seems so tired as in all the songs of the Bomb.

have to say i agree with that, but i have this to put back at you...

Saitama 3

9. Originally posted by Macphistflyhave to say i agree with that, but i have this to put back at you...

Saitama 3

Yes. The 5th leg is a clear exception. His voice was much better after 8 months of resting.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Yes. The 5th leg is a clear exception. His voice was much better after 8 months of resting.

will they take an 8 month break during the next tour though (without unforseen circumstances I think not)
  11. Originally posted by germcevoywill they take an 8 month break during the next tour though (without unforseen circumstances I think not)
    I think not. 3rd and 4th leg will be as fucked as usual
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I think not. 3rd and 4th leg will be as fucked as usual

at leats we'l get them on the 2nd. (thats if they keep to their reguar touring pattern. . . .which they will of course)