1. The demo version could work quite well on the new album. It would need to be shortened just a little bit and the mix needs to be more balanced, but I don't see a need to change it up too much, I don't think we'll see it on the new album, or if we do it'll be turned into a totally different song
  2. could someone please send me a link to the original version as i cant seem to find it anywhere. thanks in advance
  3. Please don't ask for official material in the forums, as that may get us all into trouble. Yes, technically Mercy was not in an official release, but I'm sure to the U2 lawyers it counts as official material.
  4. Not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but a simple google search should be sufficient. This one is not a hard rarity to find.
  5. Okay, so what are the chances of seeing this beautiful tune on SoE? And if it is, what are the chances that the band will butcher it to the point of it being unrecognizable? (like the live version, but worse - if that's possible)

And if it isn't, what are the chances of seeing it in 2024 as part of a 20th Anniversary How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb box set along with all the other unreleased versions/songs from the album? Smile comes to mind.
  6. Love that Mercy.........should be a killer live when finished in that groove.
  7. I wish I could sit Bono down for half an hour just to stress that they SHOULD release it, shouldn't change a damn thing from the "album version" we've all heard, and it could very well be one of their best songs (IMO of course).

JUST RELEASE IT AND DON'T CHANGE A THING. PLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I wish I could sit Bono down for half an hour just to stress that they SHOULD release it, shouldn't change a damn thing from the "album version" we've all heard, and it could very well be one of their best songs (IMO of course).

JUST RELEASE IT AND DON'T CHANGE A THING. PLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

----

Not sure it'd fit in SoE, imho it'd be fighting The Little Things in the same category.
  9. Think so? I feel like they have totally different vibes...always room for Bonus Tracks
  10. They should release an album with songs like Mercy, Glastonbury, Return of the stingray guitar etc. on it
  11. Oh you mean Songs of Ascent?

I don't see the latter two becoming anything at this point, since they morphed into Volcano and Lucifer's Hands respectively. Maybe they recorded versions of them that could see the light of day, but only as a "b-side collection" album. Maybe that's what you meant though and I'm an idiot.

Wasn't there rumours of Songs Ascent being part 3 of Innocence and Experience? Or was that just a rumour based on a fan's wishful thinking?