1. I sometimes hear "love is" and sometimes hear "love hears", which as you point out, has got a much deeper meaning

2. Wowwww, that IS powerful too!

Can't decide which I would rather hear..."believes" suggests that he can still lie, but he KNOWS its a lie and knows that he's tricking love, feeling real guilt about it, almost confessing that, "yeah, I lie, and love believes it...what am I?"

But "hears" is almost proof that love is all around, and he knows he can't really get away with it.

Don't know if it's just because I'm trying to hear it this way or not, but replaying it now, I'm hearing "hears" as well. Thanks for pointing that out to me! Love it!

EDIT: GOTTA be hears. GOT to be.
  3. Can anyone re-post a link to this? I've never heard it, and the link in the beginning doesn't seem to work any more. Thank you
  4. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Wowwww, that IS powerful too!

Can't decide which I would rather hear..."believes" suggests that he can still lie, but he KNOWS its a lie and knows that he's tricking love, feeling real guilt about it, almost confessing that, "yeah, I lie, and love believes it...what am I?"

But "hears" is almost proof that love is all around, and he knows he can't really get away with it.

Don't know if it's just because I'm trying to hear it this way or not, but replaying it now, I'm hearing "hears" as well. Thanks for pointing that out to me! Love it!

EDIT: GOTTA be hears. GOT to be.
    hahaha, nice that you got into it that much...

I really can't decide wheter he says IS or HEARS, of course I'd rather have a "hear" there, much more powerful... But don't know. I'm not a native speaker so who knows
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]hahaha, nice that you got into it that much...

I really can't decide wheter he says IS or HEARS, of course I'd rather have a "hear" there, much more powerful... But don't know. I'm not a native speaker so who knows

Hah, yeah, can't really help it. I tend to find beauty in the smaller spaces rather than the large ones, and that line will make all the difference to me

And for not being a native speaker, I'd say you're pretty damn good with where you're at. You put some kids I go to school with here in the USA to shame.

6. I've always thought it was 'hears'. Makes sense to me.

7. Re-upload? The link is perfectly working, why would you need a re-up? Do you mean uploading it to another server?
  8. You know what they should do with Mercy?
    They shouldn't put it in the new album, they will either change it a lot which we won't like or they won't put it on the album!
    It would be great if they just started playing it live, make it a live-only song. After all, the current version isn't that radio or mainstream friendly. But we love it, they should just start playing it live, and if it works, make it a regular at their tour and future tours (if any). I think it would make a great live song, and everyone will be happy. Imagine if they do this...what a surprise it will be for the die-hard fans in the place, they'll go mad.
  9. Originally posted by Ali709:You know what they should do with Mercy?
    They shouldn't put it in the new album, they will either change it a lot which we won't like or they won't put it on the album!
    It would be great if they just started playing it live, make it a live-only song. After all, the current version isn't that radio or mainstream friendly. But we love it, they should just start playing it live, and if it works, make it a regular at their tour and future tours (if any). I think it would make a great live song, and everyone will be happy. Imagine if they do this...what a surprise it will be for the die-hard fans in the place, they'll go mad.

I could not agree more, but at the same time, they're more concerned with the masses than the die hards- after all, it's where the meat of their money comes from- and a song like "Mercy" taking away a spot for a song like "Beautiful Day" or the like means one more pee break for the majority of the stadium, a la "Your Blue Room".

Who knows though, it may REALLY catch on if it were done that way, cause its soooo U2.
  10. Originally posted by Ali709:You know what they should do with Mercy?

Naaahh just never release it and let it become a U2-myth. Once accidentaly leaked in unshaped form and never released in the perfect shaped form it could have been.

Who actually gave it the name Mercy?