1. Ok, so I should just get the 2CD version and forget about the DVD?

Anyone who has their copies what do you think of the sound and the remastering?
  2. Originally posted by vanquish:Ok, so I should just get the 2CD version and forget about the DVD?

Considering at JB the boxset is only $52.99 and the 2CD is supposedly $49, I know what I'll do.

3. Are u serious? They're charging $49 bucks for the 2CD? Thats ridiculous, the deluxe version of NLOTH was only $24 bucks at JB and that was a new album.

Why is it so expensive? Is it cheaper if I buy it online somewhere?
  4. I know this sort of deviates from the direction of the thread right now, but it's still completely relative so it can get answered/speculated whenever you get around to it-

Will we see a remaster of R&H? Maybe a bonus DVD with the complete McNichols Arena show on it? A lot of people bash R&H, but it's the album and corresponding movie that brought me into the world of U2. I'd love to see it get the royal treatment.
  5. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

Are u serious? They're charging $49 bucks for the 2CD? Thats ridiculous, the deluxe version of NLOTH was only $24 bucks at JB and that was a new album.

Why is it so expensive? Is it cheaper if I buy it online somewhere?

Yeah but did you see the price of the NLOTH boxset? $120!

No idea why it's so expensive - but I guess the Universal Music Tax (UMT) puts extra on it.
  6. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Yeah but did you see the price of the NLOTH boxset? $120!

No idea why it's so expensive - but I guess the Universal Music Tax (UMT) puts extra on it.

Funnily enough I was checking JBHiFi's website just now and the 2CD is $55 while the deluxe boxset with DVD is cheaper! at $53 I have no idea how that works out
    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/unforgettable-fire-the-super-deluxe-edition-remastered/462875
    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/unforgettable-fire-the-deluxe-edition-remastered/462872

Thankfully you can get it from Ebay at around $35 including Australian delivery
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/U2-Unforgettable-Fire-2-CD-Remaster-w-book-27-95_W0QQitemZ390109478205QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item5ad4563d3d
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/U2-Unforgettable-Fire-2009-Remaster-2-CD-Deluxe-Edition_W0QQitemZ320441374557QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item4a9bcb575d
  7. It's actually pretty funny how it works out.

Not eBay though; I wanna make sure of the condition.

8. Yes im afaid it is .No proper ending to Bad.It doesn't sound like the C.O.H.C audio has even been remastered that well,though having compared it to other versions i've got it is an improvement
  9. Originally posted by jheath:[..]

Yes im afaid it is .No proper ending to Bad.It doesn't sound like the C.O.H.C audio has even been remastered

w00t

Thanks for the information. At first I considered waiting a few months and buy the box when it hits the $10 area. Now I decided not to buy it at all. I wonder what they'll throw in a possible Achtung Baby box. An incomplete copy of the Sydney bonus dvd and a few YouTube rips I guess. Lol. It's a shame as it looks so good, they really should have kept up the standard that was set by the JT box, which was really okay.
  10. Just got mine yesterday. First of all thanks to everyone for saving me money, I went for the 2 disc set after reading opinions on the DVD. The album sounds amazing and the second disk rocks as well. I'm really digging the 2 remixes of wire. Really kick ass. Can't wait for achtung baby of course but also looking forward to hear God Part 2 in this quality audio
  11. Originally posted by vanquish:Ok, so I should just get the 2CD version and forget about the DVD?

Stunning. The sound is amazing. I recommend the 2cd judging from opions I read. Got mine fir 20 bucks at best buy.