1. That sounds pretty promising to me - the sort of thing that would have fitted much better onto NLOTH than SUC, GOYB or I'll Go Crazy, in my reckoning. Doesn't sound like TUF era, with or without updated vox...
  2. Play it live now

3. I'd be tempted to say it's not impossible, but maybe unlikely - WOS was played just once, and at an unannounced and tiny venue no less.

4. and thank god for that...
  5. music-wise, doesn't sound TUF-y at all to me but still an interesting song. wanna hear it all.
  6. sounds sloppy
  7. Originally posted by WojBhoy:That sounds pretty promising to me - the sort of thing that would have fitted much better onto NLOTH than SUC, GOYB or I'll Go Crazy, in my reckoning. Doesn't sound like TUF era, with or without updated vox...

Yeah, after a few listens I think I agree with you on it fitting NLOTH...that or maybe even Zooropa. The synths or whatever it is in the background have that same fuzzed out ambience (for lack of more proper terminology) on both albums...the only thing that sounds like it's from 1983 is Larry's drumming.
  8. 'Disappearing Act' on Radio 1

19 August 2009

Taking part in a leisurely lunchtime chat for Bowman's Radio 1 lunchtime show, Bono explained what it's like getting a call from one of the astronauts on the International Space Station ('Well, I'm hanging upside down at the moment, but I managed to get a line out...') and dropped a big hint that the astronauts may be 'performing one of our songs in space.'

Edge said that if he couldn't make a U2 show one night, he'd nominate Jimmy Page (his co-star in the new film 'It Might Get Loud') to take his place

Bono revealed that the very first idea for the 360 stage production came during a meal ('It started in a restaurant, putting forks together...')

And Edge explained that Disappearing Act was originally called White City and was started with Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois during the session for The Unforgettable Fire in 1983. 'We discovered it six months ago, did some work on it in France and it's now finished.'

Expect it as part of the bonus material for the remastered edition of 1984's The Unforgettable Fire, later this year.

Link