1. I think Achtung Baby will be in 2011 - 20 years - and the same format as JT and TUF.
    Maybe R&H and Zooropa will make same format as Boy, October, War...
  2. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    I think Achtung Baby will be in 2011 - 20 years - and the same format as JT and TUF.
    Maybe R&H and Zooropa will make same format as Boy, October, War...

yep thats quite possible. cant wait for the ab en zooropa ones
  3. Originally posted by gavinfriday:[..]

I do!

Rattle and Hum is one of the defining U2 moments, everything they developed during the 80's comes together in this 'document' + it gave us the best ever U2 concerts.
    + without it, there wouldn't have been Achtung Baby, because they could have milked out the Joshua Tree concept which would eventually lead to an creative death, similar to Simple Minds.

Therefor, Rattle and Hum is an essential turning point in human history

What I meant was, I would buy it if it was available. But is there any point in releasing it again on the same format, considering the DVD looks fantastic now and has perfect sound? It's already the most-released U2 DVD in history on most formats and for that reason I'd see it as cashing in once again.

I could see the album getting a re-release though, and it deserves it because of what it was, not what it could have been. That album contains some of U2's best-ever songs, but how many people would know of songs like God Part II and Heartland, considering they haven't ever been on compilations or live releases (official, not bootlegs), as compared to something like Vertigo or Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, which were released two years after their original release?

Also on that Amazon listing, each one shows one disc. For a remaster? How super-deluxe is that?
  4. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

What I meant was, I would buy it if it was available. But is there any point in releasing it again on the same format, considering the DVD looks fantastic now and has perfect sound? It's already the most-released U2 DVD in history on most formats and for that reason I'd see it as cashing in once again.

I could see the album getting a re-release though, and it deserves it because of what it was, not what it could have been. That album contains some of U2's best-ever songs, but how many people would know of songs like God Part II and Heartland, considering they haven't ever been on compilations or live releases (official, not bootlegs), as compared to something like Vertigo or Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, which were released two years after their original release?

Also on that Amazon listing, each one shows one disc. For a remaster? How super-deluxe is that?

Agree with you. The album remaster could be interesting as they could put some songs on it from the dvd that didnt make the album (on the bonus disc), maybe as well with some unreleased songs.

About the one disc thing, I think that will be edited in the future. It's stil 2 months before its release.
  5. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

Agree with you. The album remaster could be interesting as they could put some songs on it from the dvd that didnt make the album (on the bonus disc), maybe as well with some unreleased songs.

About the one disc thing, I think that will be edited in the future. It's stil 2 months before its release.

TUF's demos and B-sides would probably be the most interesting behind Zooropa and Pop.

6. Considering what kind of crap made it on the album, I don't even wanna know how the stuff that didn't make it sounds.
  7. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Considering what kind of crap made it on the album, I don't even wanna know how the stuff that didn't make it sounds.

8. another remaster I won't be able to stop myself from buying
    sigh.
  9. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Considering what kind of crap made it on the album, I don't even wanna know how the stuff that didn't make it sounds.

Really? Well, I suppose you are allowed your opinion. Even if you are wrong.
  10. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Whoa settle down there mate! I think the unforgettable fire is my third favourite U2 album probably, after JT and AB.

11. For me, the worst 80s U2 album was War.

I guess it all depends on what songs should have been on there. For me, 4th of July and Indian Summer Sky could have been taken off, and still had a great album with eight good songs - there were still albums at that time being released with only eight songs (as full albums, not EPs) - and happen to be great albums.

Aye, all to their opinion.

On Achtung Baby, however, every song needs to be there. You couldn't take one song because then it all falls on top of itself - and why a lot of people consider it the last best U2 album. I thought Pop was the truly last best album they've done - the two after had maybe two or three songs that were worth it, but apart from that, nothing they've done since has been truly amazing; maybe except for six songs on No Line.
  12. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

For me, the worst 80s U2 album was War.

I guess it all depends on what songs should have been on there. For me, 4th of July and Indian Summer Sky could have been taken off, and still had a great album with eight good songs - there were still albums at that time being released with only eight songs (as full albums, not EPs) - and happen to be great albums.

Aye, all to their opinion.

On Achtung Baby, however, every song needs to be there. You couldn't take one song because then it all falls on top of itself - and why a lot of people consider it the last best U2 album. I thought Pop was the truly last best album they've done - the two after had maybe two or three songs that were worth it, but apart from that, nothing they've done since has been truly amazing; maybe except for six songs on No Line.

Make that 9 songs from No Line.
    If you ask me which U2 album has the best songs, it's clearly Achtung Baby, if you ask me to the best U2 album itself it's Zooropa. Zooropa is just one sound that flaws.