1. Love is Blindness
    Forget closers, it's one of their best songs

2. lol, best doesn't necessarily mean it's suitable to close a show with. I'd say a majority of us think Streets is one of the best songs ever, but I couldn't imagine it closing a show - I mean, I voted for AIWIY, but a lot of people have voted 40, and I'd be willing to bet that a lot of them didn't pick because they thought it was U2's best song (although I'm happy to be proved wrong!)
  3. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    lol, best doesn't necessarily mean it's suitable to close a show with. I'd say a majority of us think Streets is one of the best songs ever, but I couldn't imagine it closing a show - I mean, I voted for AIWIY, but a lot of people have voted 40, and I'd be willing to bet that a lot of them didn't pick because they thought it was U2's best song (although I'm happy to be proved wrong!)

lol...40 comes in no way near Streets, The Fly, AIWIY, WOWY, Electrical Storm (;)) and SBS, but it just fits as a closer. It's just great to end a gig hearing the crowd sing 'How loooooooooooooooooooong to sing this song?'. And I certainly hope it will be played quite a lot next tour.
  4. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    lol, best doesn't necessarily mean it's suitable to close a show with. I'd say a majority of us think Streets is one of the best songs ever, but I couldn't imagine it closing a show - I mean, I voted for AIWIY, but a lot of people have voted 40, and I'd be willing to bet that a lot of them didn't pick because they thought it was U2's best song (although I'm happy to be proved wrong!)

Best or most popular?
  5. I would say 40 as it could end any tour irrespective of whether it's new or old, it is timeless and has a great tradition with gestures like the Edge and Adam swapping guitars. And with lyrics like "how long to sing this song?" it couldn't be anything else but 40.

I love Love is Blindness though, but while it was great on ZooTV I don't think it would work these days. People should think about the context, rather than simple picking LiB as its

And what about Can't Help Falling in Love? That was a great closing song as well, or are only u2 songs counted.

I prefer closing songs to be quieter, more 'stripped down' like 40 and Can't Help Falling in Love rather than a full blown spectacular.
  6. 40, no doubt.

I never liked love is blindness as a closer it's a great song, but way too sad to end a concert like that. it would have left me kinda numb if I had been there..

7. Allways 40 !!!!
  8. 40 is the one for me...
    never experienced live before but i hope that in the future they put it back in!!
  9. Oh, yes, 40 is the one