1. The 1989-12-26 recording must have been a soundboard recording. I mean, the sound is even better than the famous New Years Eve bootleg.
  2. Originally posted by zooTV4all
    The 1989-12-26 recording must have been a soundboard recording. I mean, the sound is even better than the famous New Years Eve bootleg.

But it isn't a soundboard, not at all. The sound is much worse than the New Year's Eve, and the New Year's Eve one was a radio broadcast, the 12-26 wasn't, some songs are just too bad for that.

3. Hmm, which songs are "too bad" ?
  4. Originally posted by zooTV4all
    Hmm, which songs are "too bad" ?

You can clearly hear it if a soung is a) a soundboard (ie earpiece, sounddesk etc.) or b) a radio broadcast, and the first songs of 12-26 are not. And that's public information, just read achtungbootlegs.com for that

However the quality is certainly worth 5 stars it isn't a soundboard. In the new U2start you will be able to give a rating to the bootlegs and select if it's a soundboard or not. Because soundboards are not always worth 5 stars.
  5. Well, I cant read french, sorry. Every other sites or sources list it as a soundboard though, but ok.

Good news Remy!

Totally agree, the rating system for bootlegs is a problem on this site. But I think that's the only problem.
  6. Originally posted by zooTV4allWell, I cant read french, sorry. Every other sites or sources list it as a soundboard though, but ok.

Good news Remy!

Totally agree, the rating system for bootlegs is a problem on this site. But I think that's the only problem.

Well it's not a big problem, but for the soundboard bootlegs it is.

And the site is English I think I have to agree with you after all, there are at least 10 sources for that show, the majority is listed as a soundboard.
  7. this isn't really a rating but in the setlist of slane 09-01 it says that there is a snippet of "when will i see you again" during "one"... there isn't a snippet is there???
  8. Originally posted by colbourne25this isn't really a rating but in the setlist of slane 09-01 it says that there is a snippet of "when will i see you again" during "one"... there isn't a snippet is there???

You should be at www.u2-vertigo-tour.com for that, we just fetch the setlists from them
    I think that snippet is correct though, are you sure?
  9. Originally posted by Remy[..]

You should be at www.u2-vertigo-tour.com for that, we just fetch the setlists from them
    I think that snippet is correct though, are you sure?

there is not a snippet of when will i see you again during one on the slane DVD... you should know that...
  10. Originally posted by colbourne25[..]

there is not a snippet of when will i see you again during one on the slane DVD... you should know that...

The Slane DVD is a mix from two nights, some bits are from the first show.
    I think they've edited out the snippet on the DVD, that's what they often too. Just check the bootleg of that show.
  11. yeh i think you're right... because they skip mysterious ways on the DVD and have it as a bonus track... thanks anyway